My Primeval bike ride

BVH

Flashaholic
I'm exploring all the way outback areas of my new home town now that I have my elect bicycle completed. I was at mile 16 of a 17 mile long, dead end, leads-to-nowhere farming road when I entered a Primeval world. These are probably close to life-size and are just placed on the ranch's "front yard" so to speak. I seriously doubt that there are one or two cars per week that take this road – not counting residents. The family must have a great sense of humor and a bit of money!

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1259s.jpg

There were 5 total, but the largest one was knocked down. It lost its tail and toppled over.

Last edited:

1 what

Enlightened
Fantastic!
I wonder if the bird nests in the big fir tree at the top of the hill are real?

BVH

Flashaholic
The birds nests are real. There were tons of very large wing span Hawks riding the currents the entire time I was on the road. It was about 85 degrees and I'm sure there were lots of thermals.

I didn't notice one bullet hole in any of the "animals" nor in any road signs. Actually, I saw absolutely no signs of any vandalism what-so-ever. Now that IS strange for CA!

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
BVH, you couldn't possibly give us the location on Google Earth?

I understand if you wish to keep this place a secret though.

Thanks.

BVH

Flashaholic
Location of the dilapidated building next to Dino in the first pic is:

35 degrees, 06' 31.05" N
120 degrees, 23' 15.35" W

Google is using 2005 data in this area. I can't seen any of the creatures in the view. They must be newer than 2005.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Neat pictures and story Bob. Sounds like you're really enjoying your new bike. You'll have to update this thread with your adventures. :thumbsup: