CPF Gear ....gotta create a new Logo

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
the candlepowerforums logo is a bit ehhh or on some items needs tweaking in location , just on the clock alone the big and little hands block the logo ....good time for a contest for cpf gear design :)

Greta

Flashaholic
Uh... no... the CPF Logo is what it is. I can add to the existing "base" logo, like I have for the other CPF sites but the original CPF Logo will not be changing.

FWIW, I totally forgot the clocks... I'll go check them now. :ohgeez:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
adding to the base logo would be nice on some of the items for more ooomph ...im disappointed you didnt model the shirts yourself ;) :p

gsxrac

Enlightened
Woohoo!!! Didnt even know we had gear yet. Just checked it out and will be placing an order for a Tee for myself and a onesie for the son that is coming at the end of November. Now just to convince my fiancee he should wear it home from the hospital :thinking:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just placed my order for a shirt and bumper sticker. I wish I had your email addresses so I could send you a $5 coupon!

Ecko

Newly Enlightened
Uh... no... the CPF Logo is what it is. I can add to the existing "base" logo, like I have for the other CPF sites but the original CPF Logo will not be changing.

FWIW, I totally forgot the clocks... I'll go check them now. :ohgeez:

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason that you do not want to update the logo? I think an updated logo would make the site look more pro and it would certainly help to move some gear in the CP store.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason that you do not want to update the logo? I think an updated logo would make the site look more pro and it would certainly help to move some gear in the CP store.
another +1..

mwaldron

Enlightened
I think it looks fine on the forums header, but it's downright ugly on the gear.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
the candlepowerforums logo is a bit ehhh or on some items needs tweaking in location , just on the clock alone the big and little hands block the logo ....good time for a contest for cpf gear design :)

Stop asking guy's; it's not going to happen :dedhorse:

Greta

Flashaholic
Tell ya what... write to Surefire and tell them that their logo looks like shite on shirts and such (well it does! Not my fault!)... and tell them you want them to change their logo. Get back to me when they get back to you on that... ok? ;)

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't see any reason to change the logo. Stability helps recognizably. Look at Coke. Coke is one of the most recognized brands on the planet. And yet their logo has remained largely unchanged for over one hundred years. And like CandlePowerForums their original market targeted people "just looking to score a hit".:nana:

mwaldron

Enlightened
Tell ya what... write to Surefire and tell them that their logo looks like shite on shirts and such (well it does! Not my fault!)... and tell them you want them to change their logo. Get back to me when they get back to you on that... ok? ;)

I did write to them to tell them that I was disappointed in the hat I bought from them, it was made in China (which I thought ironic for a Made in USA company such as SF) and it was sized appropriately for typical smaller Chinese person. They never responded.

So you're +1 on Surefire support, but I'm still not buying any gear with the existing CPF logo on it :)

Ecko

Newly Enlightened
I can't see any reason to change the logo. Stability helps recognizably. Look at Coke. Coke is one of the most recognized brands on the planet. And yet their logo has remained largely unchanged for over one hundred years. And like CandlePowerForums their original market targeted people "just looking to score a hit".:nana:

Theres nothing wrong with keeping things fresh and up to date.

Some companys hit it on the first try, others had to take a few swings.

logos.jpg

Whatever though, some people get it, some people don't.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see your point. But a shiny new logo won't make CPF cool, we do. We make it cool. Not the other way around. It is a visual representation for people to associate our group with, that's all. I'll rock the "corny" logo all day long because I'm proud of it.

mwaldron

Enlightened
I see your point. But a shiny new logo won't make CPF cool, we do. We make it cool. Not the other way around. It is a visual representation for people to associate our group with, that's all. I'll rock the "corny" logo all day long because I'm proud of it.

That is a good point....

Stormchaser1

Newly Enlightened

Wal-mart even changed their's, although i do respect the decision not to if that is her wish.