What size lens is in SF M951 Bezel?

flip

Enlightened
I have a Surefire M951 weaponslight. It has a shock bezel that will screw down on a 6P. The lens is a larger diameter than the standard 6P bezel.

What size lens does the bezel take? I am thinking this bezel might work well with an aspherical lens since the head is larger and the drop-in sits farther away from the lens than it does in the standard 6P head.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Try looking up the light on Surefire's website, it lists all the accessories (ie filters) and tells you what size the bezel is.

Hint: poster #2 is wrong.

1wrx7

Enlightened
The M2/M951 bezel size is 1.47".... the actual diameter of the window... drumroll please.....:shrug:. I'm sure someone here knows:poke: All of mine are sealed, so I can't measure it for you.

flip

Enlightened
Thanks guys. I made an educated guess using calipers against the retaining ring. I know that isn't very accurate but I haven't found any aspheric lens close to that size from the normal, cheap outlets so I am giving up on this project for now.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the exact same head that you are talking about. It is very easy to remove with a small pair of needle nose pliers. Open the pliers up and insert the tips into the notches in the plastic bezel ring and twist it out.

My lense is 1.2425in.