Notice to the Members about FlashlightReviews.com

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
All -

In case you aren't aware, FlashlightReviews.com started a while ago as a little hobby where I wanted to show off my simple LED mods to flashlights to fellow CPFers.

Back then it was known as Quickbeam.cjb.net and hosted on Tripod.com.

As it grew I started running into bandwidth problems and was graciously offered server space on a fellow CPFers development server for a reasonable price, which I accepted. It's been hosted on the cruxial.com servers for over a year now.

Like Craig at the LEDmuseum, I have an ATT account with 60 meg of space and was facing the daunting task of splitting the site up so it would fit properly on what is essentially 3 different site locations.

Well, it's finally done.

What does this mean to you?? Well, If you have direct links to a thelightsite.cruxial.com webpage, they will not work when the site is removed from the old servers.

This includes links to reviews, beamshots, pictures, and the like.

Many thanks to Hotfoot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif for tolerating my site on his development server for so long and extending a very fair price for the hosting. Since I have the space on ATT included in the price of the dialup, I'm going to use it.

If you know folks that have direct links (manufacturers links to reviews, etc.) you may want to let them know. I'll be letting everyone in my mailing list know about the changes ASAP, but I would like to remove the old content in about a month.

Last, please mess around with the site (your browser address bar will show http://flashlightreviews.home.att.net if you're in the right place), give it a workout and if you could please do me the favor of reporting any dead links or problems, it would be greatly appreciated. Having the site on 3 different site locations makes linking a bit complex and I'm sure I missed some.

Thanks,
Doug P.

kev1-1

Enlightened
All seems fine for me...great site by the way!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrAg0n

Banned
Oh Noooo...

Doug, do u mind adding another link next to the newly split catagories to show all the different lights on one page again?

I kinda prefer that all in a glance thinggy....

Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FlashlightReviews.com UPDATE

In one week I pull the content from the .cruxial.com servers. Update your links to the new site location if you have not already!

Latest posts