Battery holder rattle in Fenix TK40?

David18

Newly Enlightened
I want to buy a TK40 but some people here have mentioned that the battery holder rattles. Is this a current problem or has it been sorted out (or were these just isolated incidents)?

Regards,

David

Larbo

Enlightened
Giving mine a good shake I get very slight ticking sound, can barely hear it.:D

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I shake my TK40 there is a slight bit of movement of the battery pack. Buy, hey, who cares? It is very minor, much less than say the rattle of loose CR123's in my Surefires.

James.....:wave:

bhuber

Newly Enlightened
This has been mentioned before, just put a rubber band around the holder, it takes up the gap, and entirely takes the rattle away. There has to be some tolerance to get the holder in and out. I've left mine as is.

thedeske

Enlightened
No rattle here when I shake it. If I tap it against my hand I get some slight movement, but very slight.

I normally don't bang the light around on anything so?

Jay611j

Enlightened
Yup, same here as all the others. Nothing but a very slight rattle, but I have to give it a good shake to even hear anything.

jsholli

Newly Enlightened
Few strips of electrical tape on the inside of the barrel, rattle gone.

My thoughts exactly...I actually put my tape on the mid-point of the battery tube to ensure that the cells don't fall out when removed. If we ever get extra tubes available, this could also be useful to keep them intact.

[I excitedly logged on to post my original idea to solve everyone's annoying battery problems, but found this post after doing a search of 'tk40 rattle'. I thought of the o-ring fix that someone else has already posted also, but didn't have any spares that were large enough...I guess we share a lot of the same thought processes along with our flashaholism!]

John