EAGLETAC or FENIX

Stol3n

Newly Enlightened
first off i'm new here as you can tell. i've been kicking around the idea of buying a quality flash light as i never have a descent one whenever i need one. with that said i'm looking to keep it under $100 for my first light. i've researched numerous threads and still unsure on which light is best for me. the kind of light that would be ideal for me is a light that is super bright, has good distance, and quality. with that said i the following 2 lights have caught my attention.

Fenix TK11 R2 Edition

and

Eagletac T20C2

how wold these compare side by side in every aspect? thanks in advance for any input. :thumbsup:

also, if you have any other recommendations i am open to suggestions. thanks again.

maxilux

Enlightened
In my opinion the EagleTac has more output and more throw, wich design do you like more ?

CGD08

Newly Enlightened
I have the T20, and I'd recommend it! In fact, I was in the same dilemma... exactly the same. The TK11 R2 vs the T20C2. I got my T20C2 with RGB Kit. It's a high quality light, but it's the more expensive out of the two. If you go to lighthound, you can get a TK11 R2 and a bunch of Fenix accessories for the same price plus free ship. I found a "buy it now" listing on ebay for new T20C2 w/ RGB kit, go search for it. I bought that. The kit is recommended only if you want it, as it adds $10. I also purchase a tail-standing tailcap, so my purchase with shipping for both orders was about $109. One thing to note, is this your first "real" flashlight? As was mine... The T20 being my first, I am always gentle with it, not to mention I actually paid one hundred for it, I don't tell most people. Anyhow, get the TK11 R2 if you like... but remember:

T20C2 is 300 lumens max
TK11 R2 is 240 lumens max

Anyhow, be sure to read the reviews here. Search for TK11 R2 review(s) then do the same for the T20. Good Luck... and remember what you're getting into, or you'll wake up the next day wondering where $100 dollars went :crackup:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't speak for the eagletac but I would highly recommend the TK11!

It was my first expenssive flashlight and still one of my favorites!

DigMe

Enlightened
I have the P20C2 and I really like it but the strobe activation is annoying and too easy to activate on accident so keep that in mind. It's my only complaint about an otherwise fine light and the T20 has better throw than the P20. The low mode is just about perfect and the turbo is awesome bright.

brad

Stol3n

Newly Enlightened
In my opinion the EagleTac has more output and more throw, wich design do you like more ?

i actually like them equally as far as design goes.

I have the T20, and I'd recommend it! In fact, I was in the same dilemma... exactly the same. The TK11 R2 vs the T20C2. I got my T20C2 with RGB Kit. It's a high quality light, but it's the more expensive out of the two. If you go to lighthound, you can get a TK11 R2 and a bunch of Fenix accessories for the same price plus free ship. I found a "buy it now" listing on ebay for new T20C2 w/ RGB kit, go search for it. I bought that. The kit is recommended only if you want it, as it adds $10. I also purchase a tail-standing tailcap, so my purchase with shipping for both orders was about $109. One thing to note, is this your first "real" flashlight? As was mine... The T20 being my first, I am always gentle with it, not to mention I actually paid one hundred for it, I don't tell most people. Anyhow, get the TK11 R2 if you like... but remember:

T20C2 is 300 lumens max
TK11 R2 is 240 lumens max

Anyhow, be sure to read the reviews here. Search for TK11 R2 review(s) then do the same for the T20. Good Luck... and remember what you're getting into, or you'll wake up the next day wondering where $100 dollars went :crackup:

i've read the reviews on both lights and that's why i've narrowed it down to those 2 lights. i just can't seem to narrow it down any further. i can get the Eagletac T20C2 for $74.99 and i can get the Fenix TK11 R2 for $72.99 which doesn make the decision any easier.

i've heard the T20C2 doesn't seem to be a true 300 lumens, and from a side by side comparison the TK 111 R2 "appears" brighter and has more surrounding light around the hot spot. i take internet pictures with a grain of salt as there can be tons of varieables that come into play. which is why i'm looking for someone who has experience with both or has seen them both in equal setting in real world conditions. thanks for the input. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DigMe

Enlightened
The T20C2 isn't actually 300 lumens but then again the T10C2 was advertised as 295 but was an actual 268 so it's probably not really that far off. It does have a nice beam and spill and great throw IMO. If it weren't for that darn sensiive strobe mode.

brad

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TK11-R2 is great for sure. A good thrower with a simple UI and tank built. I just like mine and its the TK10s' best friend.

I don't know about the T20C2, I wanted to get one, but I was advised not to buy it. As I has already an Olight M20, I was told that the Olight was of much better built quality and that there isn't much diffrence in the brightness. The look is the same anyway... :whistle:

So, if you like the more complicated UI, where both hands are required to change the bightness by twisting the head, you may consider the OIlight M20 Warrior Premium, more versatile (OP installed, SMO available for more throw) than the tank of light TK11-R2.

lebox97

Enlightened
sorry to pop your bubble - but every CPF dealer that is authorized to carry EagleTac product is lower than that ... BEFORE CPF discount...
:thinking:

... I found a "buy it now" listing on ebay for new T20C2 w/ RGB kit, go search for it. I bought that. The kit is recommended only if you want it, as it adds $10. I also purchase a tail-standing tailcap, so my purchase with shipping for both orders was about $109.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
My TK11-r2 has been rock solid. Very good throw and very easy UI. I can recommend the Fenix TK11 with out any hesitation. I have no experience with the Eagetac T0C2 model, but I am sure it would give you good service based on the reviews.

This is part of what makes America so great, we have choices. Regards/ Bro

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T20C2 seems to have a lot of throw for its size; more than the TK11. However, it might not be as regulated with 18650s as the TK11, but that doesn't really matter since you won't notice much dimming until the end of the battery life (and that will let you know when to recharge).

You can't objectively compare brightness from pictures on the internet, even if they are taken with the same camera and camera settings, especially when the brightness of the lights is so close. It simply isn't possible.

CGD08

Newly Enlightened
sorry to pop your bubble - but every CPF dealer that is authorized to carry EagleTac product is lower than that ... BEFORE CPF discount...
:thinking:

Hey lebox... that was the price with the tail stand tailcap (flashlightconnection). The light it was listed new with RGB kit. Came with batt. mag and 2 cr123s. At the time I thought it was great deal for $89.99. This was before I got into Dealers... so I know what you mean... (and I see you're a dealer, cool!:thumbsup:) Besides ET said nothing of the seller when registering... seller stated he had become a dealer... I'm not trying to verify that, but I'll be damned and pissed if he isn't. Of course he ain't listed with the stores on ET's site, it's ebay.

Anyhow I purchased the light and it's been a month... want to help me with that? :eek:

:shakehead me feel ripped off now

Stol3n

Newly Enlightened
well if anyone has any leads to the best price for either the EagleTac T20C2 or the Fenix Tk11 R2 send me a PM. looking to buy one asap.

recDNA

Flashaholic
The TK11-R2 is great for sure. A good thrower with a simple UI and tank built. I just like mine and its the TK10s' best friend.

I don't know about the T20C2, I wanted to get one, but I was advised not to buy it. As I has already an Olight M20, I was told that the Olight was of much better built quality and that there isn't much diffrence in the brightness. The look is the same anyway... :whistle:

So, if you like the more complicated UI, where both hands are required to change the bightness by twisting the head, you may consider the OIlight M20 Warrior Premium, more versatile (OP installed, SMO available for more throw) than the tank of light TK11-R2.

You surprise me. I have the Olight and the Eagletec and my Eagletec looks at least 1.5 times as bright as the Olight. I must have gotten a bad led in the Olight because I've been very disappointed by it in comparison...in fact there IS no comparison.

Fenix is my favorite brand but Eagletec appears to get the most lumens out of the 2 X CR123 format (short of an MC-E flashlight).

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
Pictures are off of csshih excellent beamshot page: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/235171

Here is the T20C2 stepped down a bit

eagletact20c2.jpg

Here is the TK11 stepped down a bit

FenixTK11.jpg

Here are some white wall beam shots also from csshih. The spill of the T20C2 seams slighly brighter but smaller and the tint seams a little more neutral:

IMG_8551_processed.jpg

The EagleTac has a brighter slightly smaller hot spot and smaller spill. Selfbuilt measured the lux at 16200. That is getting up into the dedicated "thrower" class. This light can throw.

The ratings for the EagleTac are "emitter" lumens, so the 265 actual output of the T10C2 and the claimed 295lm output of that light (emitter rated) is accurate. I owned both the T10C2 and the T20C2. I don't doubt the 300lm (emitter) rating of the T20C2 at all. It obviously has a little more output than the TK11.

BTW, I'm not bashing the TK11. There are a few things I think the TK11 beats the T20C2. The TK is built like a tank, and I kind of like the simple two mode twist the bezel thing, it's smaller and NO STROBE!!!! It is also a great light.

Also, the T20C2 picture was with 1x 18650. It is a little brighter with 2xcr123's.

If you decide on the T20C2, consider the neutral tint version.

Last edited:

Konad

Newly Enlightened
My vote is for the EagleTac. Usually more bang for the buck with all the goodies they come with. My EagleTac's have consistent good build quality.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pictures are off of csshih excellent beamshot page: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/235171

The EagleTac has a brighter slightly smaller hot spot and smaller spill. Selfbuilt measured the lux at 16200. That is getting up into the dedicated "thrower" class. This light can throw.

The ratings for the EagleTac are "emitter" lumens, so the 265 actual output of the T10C2 and the claimed 295lm output of that light (emitter rated) is accurate. I owned both the T10C2 and the T20C2. I don't doubt the 300lm (emitter) rating of the T20C2 at all. It obviously has a little more output than the TK11.

BTW, I'm not bashing the TK11. There are a few things I think the TK11 beats the T20C2. The TK is built like a tank, and I kind of like the simple two mode twist the bezel thing, it's smaller and NO STROBE!!!! It is also a great light.

Also, the T20C2 picture was with 1x 18650. It is a little brighter with 2xcr123's.

If you decide on the T20C2, consider the neutral tint version.

:eek: aww, how nice.. I was just about to post a link to my pictures.. thank you for doing that for me!
all those points are valid ;)