Has anyone tried or tested the new Energizer Rechargeables?

clint eastwood

Newly Enlightened
AA's would be best for me. Says NH15 1.2v HR6 2300 mAH on the batteries.

Energizer claims that you can charge these more times than their previous batteries and that it holds a charge longer, so I assume a lower self discharge? If that's all true of course. Doesn't say anything about precharged though, which doesn't really bother me.

http://www.energizer.com/products/hightech-batteries/rechargeables/Pages/RechargeableBatteries.aspx

Using my multimeter they all measured at 1.39v if that means anything at all to you guys. I can't test anything else really.

Last edited:

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
holding a charge four times as long as their old ones means about two months. crappy energizers i bought from a cpfer 4 months ago are consistantly the only ones to read .9 volts if i cant remember charging them the week before. per the advice i've got on these forums, im switching to only eneloops and never looking back.

good question though, i wonder if they are a decent value. we gotta add them to the aa shootout results, or do a new one :)

Bones

Enlightened
AA's would be best for me. Says NH15 1.2v HR6 2300 mAH on the batteries.

Energizer claims that you can charge these more times than their previous batteries and that it holds a charge longer, so I assume a lower self discharge? If that's all true of course. Doesn't say anything about precharged though, which doesn't really bother me.

http://www.energizer.com/products/ ... /RechargeableBatteries.aspx

Thanks for providing the capacity for this New! offering from Energizer. Obviously, it wasn't their 2450mAh cell, since it's being utilized as the benchmark from which to tout the additional 150 charges and longer charge retention, but the Energizer site is otherwise silent as to its capacity.

Rather than it being a New! cell, however, I strongly suspect it's a re-introduction of the 2300mAh cell that was initially superseded by the now infamous 2500mAh version.

Regardless, the 2300mAh cell was certainly sturdier than its 2450mAh and 2500mAh siblings, but it still seemed somewhat frail compared to other Energizer cells with even less capacity, especially the 1700mAh version.

I find it interesting that Energizer deems it necessary to replace the 2450mAh cell which was itself a supposedly viable replacement for the infamous 2500mAh version. It certainly adds credence to VidPro's conjecture in this post:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com ... post3068469
-

R@ndom

Enlightened
The 2450's I have have been reasonably durable. I sent some to silverfox a while back. By surface mail :oops:.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Clint_Eastwood --

Before you buy those new Energizer NiMH cells,
you've gotta' ask yer'self One Question . . . .

Do ya' feel Lucky ?

Well, DO ya' ? ? ?

:whistle:

_

MarioJP

Enlightened
Actually I do have one set of engizer batteries that is being used in the piano they last pretty long per charge. Question is do you want to use the engizer 15 minute charger??.

This charger will "energize" them alright lol. They do take their "Energizer" brand serious. Its name lives up to what it does that's for sure lol.

Energize at warp speed Scotty... Engage!!!

Last edited:

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have energizer 2500 (sanyo) cells that are 4 years old in ht packs that are used in a fast charger often.still have usable capacity after 2 months .maybe i got a good batch or yaesu drop in chargers terminate properly and dont abuse the batteries.this also shoots holes in the MYTH that soldering the cells kills them.fresh from the charger these packs will run the ft-470 all day with lots of transmit time on high power.
btw where are these NEW! cells made?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I got some energizer 2300s years ago and they seem pretty good so far only a few have gone bad most likely from over discharging them too much. They hold their charge for awhile compared to the 2500s which seem to have alzheimers.

Bones

Enlightened
I got some energizer 2300s years ago and they seem pretty good so far only a few have gone bad most likely from over discharging them too much. They hold their charge for awhile compared to the 2500s which seem to have alzheimers.

My last set of 2300mAh Energizers, made in Nov of 2004, had to be recycled late last year, which still equates to a pretty decent lifespan.

However, the keyboard to this computer I'm currently utilizing is being powered by a set of 1700mAh Energizers that were made over 2 1/2 years earlier in March of 2002, and that are still recognized by the very finicky MH-C9000.

chadwilliams859

Newly Enlightened
Energizer 1.2v NiMH HR6 NH15 2300 mAh

I have several packs of these batteries. I use them in addition to white top duracell pre charged. I can't tell a noticeable difference in using them.

My question is are these Energizer AA as described in my title the ones like Rayovac 4.0

I was told by a source on Ebay that my batteries are actually rebranded?

Is anyone familiar with this issue?