What did I see in the sky tonight?

ironhorse

Enlightened
At around 8:00 this evening a neighbor and I saw what looked like a star, very near to the brightest star in the Southeastern sky and it had what looked like a spotlight shining from it, kind of like a misty or foggy light shining in a v shape from it. Then it sort of faded out. It looked much to far away to be any kind of spotlight from any plane or helicopter. By the time we had seen it, it only lasted a few seconds. I had reached for my cell phone to take a picture, but it was gone before I could get it out.
This was in Central Pennsylvania.
Any ideas???

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in central PA too and was outside with the dog around then but I can't say I seen anything abnormal. I'm only a few miles from University Airport so I seen lots of aircraft but nothing tonight out of the norm.

ironhorse

Enlightened
According to CNN news, Nasa launched a rocket from Virginia at 7:46 PM Saturday to study the highest clouds in the atmosphere, prompting reports from all over the Northeastern US of strange lights in the sky.

Patriot

Flashaholic
According to CNN news, Nasa launched a rocket from Virginia at 7:46 PM Saturday to study the highest clouds in the atmosphere, prompting reports from all over the Northeastern US of strange lights in the sky.

Sounds like you've got your answer ironhorse. :)

Burgess

Flashaholic
At least . . . .

That's what the Government WANTS you to believe.

:whistle:
_