Anyone Know How To Disassemble a Streamlight Twintask Switch?

cdifani

Newly Enlightened
Folks:

I've digitally wandered the cyber halls of CPF for the last couple days. Looking for any information on removing and/or disassembling the switch in a Streamlight Twintask light. I've got three of these, two 3 C cell, and one 2 D cell... all of which have these obstinate switches.

These lights came out in the beginning of the "LED rush", and while nice then, are very 'dated' now. Between poor light output, and short battery life, they beg for serious flashaholic attention.

But I gotta get the darn switches out first!!

I've removed the rubber button cap, removed the tail cap, and the head. Leaving me with a mostly empty tube, with a humongous switch at one end.

I've had one suggestion on disassembly technique, but since it had a Ford F-350 diesel pickup at the top of the "tool list", I thought I'd inquire of the experts lurking here at CPF before proceeding any farther with that particular suggestion...

I really hope someone has a good solution, and that their solution does not include large vehicles as part of the "tool list".

Thanks for your time,

CDifani
Sacramento, CA

Lightwise

Newly Enlightened
CD,
I have the two CR-123 small model and I can take out the switch by unscrewing the silver ring at the top of the light after I take off the head. There is a black plastic module in there that comes out if you press the switch and kind of wiggle it out. Your larger light might not work like this. Them you can bend back the tab that makes contact with the battery and push the PC board out the front. Hope this helps.

Louis