• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Tinker's Toy

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love to complete these things, but making them is a bear--the 316 stainless steel is no joy to machine, worse even than Ti, I feel, but when polished and held in your hand, you know why you made it. :D

Specs: 316SS, 22mm x 45mm, and weight is 4.3 ounces.

TT-10.jpg
TT-11.jpg

TT-16.jpg
TT-17.jpg

TT-19.jpg
TT-20-1.jpg

TT-23-1.jpg
TT-15.jpg

I'll leave it to the new owner to find a better image than the balding old man in my photo. :devil:

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a werewolf with an "a" instead of the first "e"!! Hey, watsamattaU, didn't ya take Anglish??:nana:

Karl

smflorkey

Newly Enlightened
Questions like that are best asked via e-mail, in my opinion. I really don't like posting what people are paying for their custom orders.
I fully understand not telling that story, but it seems perfectly reasonable to say something like "I'll be glad to put you on the schedule for the next one for $xxx. It will take me y weeks to build. Do you have any special requests?" That might turn into a sale or two (or more since that is beautiful work!) while people are admiring your pictures.

Thanks for sharing these photos. I'd be tempted if I had any spare change. :grin2:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I fully understand not telling that story, but it seems perfectly reasonable to say something like "I'll be glad to put you on the schedule for the next one for $xxx. It will take me y weeks to build. Do you have any special requests?" That might turn into a sale or two (or more since that is beautiful work!) while people are admiring your pictures.

Thanks for sharing these photos. I'd be tempted if I had any spare change. :grin2:

Heh, heh. The way I work is to accept a commission by promising to deliver, but then taking twice as long as I promised. :devil: That tactic seems to make the buyer really appreciate the fact that they even received it at all. :D

So, sure I'll make the next one for $500, with delivery whenever I get around to it. How's that? The good news is that I never take payment up front, so you won't have to cough up the bucks for some time. :wave:

And, you can tell me what design you want for each of the quadrants--assuming I can do them on a manual lathe. :thinking:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
:eek:oo: Nice job, Fred. The variation of patterns is really cool, and I imagine may have been a PITA to figure out!

I just had a thought - email sent. :devil:

:thumbsup: john

foxracer72

Newly Enlightened
Fred im blown away, great job and one of these days when i save up some cash im going to shoot you

a PM:grin2: