Surefire picture request box or clear plastic of the U2 Ultra with the newest SSC led

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, looking for a pic of the U2 Ultra with the newer SSC led. I google and found several box pictures or clear plastic hanging not sure which is the latest SSC led. Pics of the box or the clear plastic hanging appreciated.

Chris

zven

Enlightened
Am I understanding correctly that you want to know how to identify the packaging that goes along with the new (SSC) U2? If so, it is my understanding that these are currently shipping with the presentation style box (same style as the LX2 and A2L), and that just before those boxes came out, the updated U2's were shipping in the same blister packs as before, but with a yellow advertisement in the upper right of the front face telling of "higher output, longer runtime", or something to that effect. SureFire may have shipped some in the blister packs without that yellow note regarding the improved performance, but if you see such a package, it's more likely the old version.

If, however, you're looking for pictures of the light inside those newer packages, check the Reviews section on the forums here for the updated U2 (known as the U2A) - I believe the main review thread on the U2A featured a number of beamshots as well as shots of the emitters/reflectors. Or use the search function for something like "U2 vs U2A" or "U2A pictures", etc.

Sorry I don't have pics to offer (I don't own any incarnation of the U2 myself), but hopefully some of the above was helpful.