Global Cooling Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot

Flashaholic
This is part of the reason why some are rolling over from the term "global warming" to "climate change." This helps them to back step away from their dogmatic assertions that earth's overall temperature was rising but they also embrace the ambiguity of the new term because of its inherent flexibility. When real science uses the "climate change" terminology, which they've used for many decades, they're simply referring to measurable differences both regionally or globally. When leftist alarmists use the same term it's definition can support what ever they want it to, with the option of lending false validity to any manufactured crisis that's suitable for the backing of political agendas.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
This topic might be better suited for the underground...

I find it odd that people accuse "leftist alarmists" of using the idea of human influenced global warming for their own personal gain. it seems awfully hypocritical to me, since those who deny that humans can change climate also likely have other "political agendas." Denying that climate change can be caused by humans means that large businesses do not need to address problems of pollution, and therefore can continue their current practices and get more profit. Suggesting that only one side uses the argument for their own benefit is somewhat short sighted, when it is just as likely (or possibly more likely) that the other side has ulterior motives as well.

I can see this getting locked very quickly...

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, no, because then I won't be able to join in. And I want to.

But, yeah, I agree with Patriot.

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Denying that climate change can be caused by humans means that large businesses do not need to address problems of pollution, and therefore can continue their current practices and get more profit.
+1
The continued portrayal of a 'debate' on the existence of anthropogenic climate change definately has strong financial backing.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Denying that climate change can be caused by humans means that large businesses do not need to address problems of pollution, and therefore can continue their current practices and get more profit.
+2

IMO pollution is the real reason to effect a lot of these changes irrespective of climate change. It affects lives a lot more at the present time than climate change (if any).

And this topic is probably better suited to the UG (or possibly CPF Green).

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, no, because then I won't be able to join in. And I want to.

But, yeah, I agree with Patriot.
Sure you will. I you like debate and sometimes heated discussion, you'll love the UG. Sasha was very wise to create it. And +3, I think it should go there too as it will end up there anyway. Sorry Lux. :tinfoil:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
There has never been proven to be a causal relationship between human produced CO2 levels rising and changes in global temperatures. There are too many variables to determine this relationship to be fact, and to spend precious resources to solve a problem when you don't know the true problem or the solution is only going to hurt the planet and the people and animals living on it. We are living on a rock spinning around the sun at a constantly changing distance that is spinning on it's own axis that can change at any time. The sun's temperature isn't constant and has random flare ups. On earth, people, animals, and even some of the mountains (volcanoes) spew CO2. We are sitting on giant continent sized plates with hot magma under them. This magma at any time can warm the oceans from below or send CO2, sulfer, and ash into the air. Why do people think that with all these variables and the only constant being change, that it is our fault when the global temperature changes one way or the other?

I have nothing against cleaning pollution out of the air. However, CO2 is not pollution. If you think that it is and that CO2 levels need to be reduced, then you can start by planting a tree or holding your breath. Any place that has employees will pollute by your standards if you think CO2 is pollution, whether they use machines or physical labor. The only way to pollute less by that standard is to shut down factories completely and be nonproductive, and losing jobs and production in our society will lead to only one outcome: the destruction of our economy and our way of life.

Empath

Flashaholic
Closed, with an invitation to discuss it, or join in on any of the existing discussions on the matter on our Underground board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.