wife just found me out! - OH ya!

chef4850

Enlightened
came home from work yesterday to my wife pulling all my lights from the back corner of the closet (thought they were well hidden). Let me start by saying she know that I had "a couple" lights. she asked me if they were all flashlights and I said ah? yes? she then procedded to tell me that I needed to go and talk to someone and I agreed! I have a problem (in my eyes a good one). I told her I would be happy to go talk to someone so I could convert another to the BRIGHT SIDE! she was none to happy with the response. Light is good and only getting better.:crackup:

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a hobby which succeeds in conquering one of man's most primordial fears. Tell her you're "inspired".:whistle:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
should have blended them in with the tools

dozen flashilghts dont look any weirder than a dozen types of screwdrivers :D

fyrstormer

Banned
I think it's important to be as weird as possible in several other ways, so as to camouflage the effects of flashaholism. Perhaps buy a three-player chess table to stack the lights on, and put it next to your drinking globe.

Remember, when you're rich, you're not crazy -- you're eccentric.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I'm certain you should be able to find unnecessary fashoinable shoes in her closet and can use them to make a case that your obsession is no different than her's. . .

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just start quoting CPF frequently and showing her pics of some of the massive collections other folks have. She'll settle down. Works for me.

Geoff

chef4850

Enlightened
it's funny how upset she gets when a "package" arrives at the door and for some reason (which i can not understand) she askes what is in it. When I tell her (which i always do - I would never tell her an untruth) she rolls her eyes - BUT SHE IS THE FIRST PERSON TO ASK TO USE A LIGHT! crazy women but she is there for a reason. to recieve my "packages" so i don't have to go to the OP to get them.:nana:

Jay611j

Enlightened
This is hilarious. :crackup:
My wife has known about all my flashlights for some time now, but she still won't let it go. The last light I got (TK40) I told her I paid $50 for it and she freaked out, then she went to the extent of looking it up online to see how much they sell for. Yea, I'll be in the dog house for a while on this one!:sigh:

chef4850

Enlightened
the shoe, uniform (she is a nurse), hair dryer (how could you possibally need more than one), curling iron (refer to hair dryer), thing never works. If I even mention about CPF she looks at me like i just stepped foot off the alien craft. Oh ya did i forget to mention that she uses the exact same light that i gave to her every single day of the week. For some reason she never seem to have a problem with my other tick (firearms). I am starting to realized that flashlights a deadly.

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
Everyone needs an outlet/hobby or two.

Just tell her this is yours and its better than chasing women, drugs or drinking, assuming you dont do those too. :party:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Chef,

Just tell her, "Oh, those lights? I've had those for years. Most of 'em I got in trade for some of my other stuff I don't use anymore".

You better have a couple of ideas about what you "traded" for them.

(old car parts, beer signs, old guns, tools, etc... you know, stuff wives don't care about anyway and usually ignore unless they're sitting on your mantle or cluttering up the living room or closets...)

The more lights you have, the more they all look the same to non-flashaholics and the lights all kind of blend together. That way, when you get a new one, it's camouflaged!

Good Luck!

Last edited: