Stinger

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any personal reviews of a rechargable stinger? or stinger xt? Wondering if I should just get a Stinger to forgoe the expensive 123a costs...

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an ultrastinger and think it's great. It's very bright (seems to be about 140 lumens) and throws very far. It's a little longer than the reagular stingers at 11.5" but it makes a great alternative to 123 flashlights.

I would like to hear how the streamlight XT HP compare to the ultrastinger.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I've read on the board, if you have experienced the US, you'll be pretty dissapointed with the Stinger HP. I really like my US & would consider it one of my best lights, for my use. TX

redbird

Enlightened
You wont go wrong with the stinger. We have 4 including on with the HP head and an US too. In addition we have numerous Surefires. The stingers get the most use due to the cost effective rechargeable battery.

Since for most of us, cost of operating is a major factor, the stinger wins hands down.

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
How bright is it, say, compared to a scorpion? Which is better for duty carry? Probably the stinger considering the battery is rechargable...

RY3

Enlightened
Originally posted by ReconTech:
How bright is it, say, compared to a scorpion? Which is better for duty carry? Probably the stinger considering the battery is rechargable...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That should be easy to compare as they all made by Streamlight .

I have a Ultrastinger which has 75,000 candlePower compare to Scorpion's 6,500 according to Streamlight web site
shocked.gif

Ron

philc5b

Newly Enlightened
I had the Scorpion, and found that it was eating up my wallet, with replacement cost of the 123 batteries, and if you drop or jar the light it blows the bulb, at about $5.00 a bulb
frown.gif
. Then it tends to turn on when it is in the holster or pocket, this caused the lens to melt. I sold mine to a friend that is an LEO and he sent it back to streamlight for a new lens. I replaced this light with a Poly Stinger, as they were new at the time, this light is great I have never had to replace the bulb, it doesn't turn on by accident, and is brighter. I recently upgraded this light by adding the HP kit. This adds a longer throw to the beam and is a little brighter. IMHO the Stinger series is much better for duty carry, as I worked very closely with LEO's and a lot of them use these lights due to their size, and output.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a polystinger for about three years now. Good light. I use an E1 or an E2 for back up. You really can't go wrong with any of the Stingers.