Which 2xAA flashlights come in silver?

mmace1

Enlightened
Edit: Silver or grey.

Stupid question? Yes. However, I really prefer silver lights to black. The only two mass-produced ones I can think of are the Romisen RC N3 and the Titanium Quark pre-orders.

I own the Romisen RC N3 2-mode, and a Quark 2xAA is the light I'd probably buy next anyway, but for $92...eh, I'm just not into flashlights enough to appreciate the slightly better emitter/individual numbering!

Last edited:

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
Take your 2xAA light of choice and polish it. :D

That's a good question, though. I can't think of one off the top of my head. The closest I can come up with are the discontinued Fenix L2D in Olive, and the Nitecore D20, which is natural HA (sort of gunmetal grey). Of course, there's also the 2AA minimag LED, which I'm pretty sure comes in clear anodized.

Chongker

Newly Enlightened
Icon Rogue 2? Looks pretty good in silver, if you don't mind the bulkiness.

mmace1

Enlightened
Most Titanium lights is over $200.
Try and find any Titanium light under $100.

Oh I know. I agree the Quark 2xAA Titanium is a relative bargain for what it is. But what it is doesn't really appeal to me that much, so for me it's too much. Like...getting a great great deal on an excellent SUV...but I don't really like SUVs, so to me it's still overpriced compared to the small sedans I usually look at. I also don't really value titanium itself, just a light that's as silver-ish color.

Icon Rogue 2, thanks! That's another one, a bit too grey for my tastes though, and the styling isn't my cup of tea, but keep them coming if you can think of another!

Last edited:

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also don't really value titanium itself, just a light that's as silver-ish color.
Well its a silver-ish colored light that WON'T change color.
Ever noticed how those aluminum with hard anadosae changes color after a drop on concrete or somewhere rough?

mmace1

Enlightened
Well its a silver-ish colored light that WON'T change color.
Ever noticed how those aluminum with hard anadosae changes color after a drop on concrete or somewhere rough?

Nope, I haven't dropped mine yet. But that's good to know, and raises the value of titanium for me a little bit. Thanks.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I reallly prefer natural metal colored over black, especially for an object that could get lost in the dark. . . .

Lately, I've been removing black anodizing using drain cleaner (Red Devil Lye Crystals) with great success. I've done a Surefire 6P and a couple Deerelights. I just don't feel comfortable doing it on a light I cannot completely dissassemble first.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
would that prevent/minimise nicks & dings?

I'm not sure, but aluminum with coating are deemed to come off regardless how well its been made. While titanium doesn't need any coating for anti-corrosion purposes, unlike AL, hence there's nothing to come off.

ab1ht

Newly Enlightened
Cree Ultrafire A10.

It's one of my first. Got if from DX.

ETA: Opps, sorry, this is 1XAA. Still a nice pocket light.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know the chance to buy a Quark in shiny polished titanium tends somewhat to zero by now, at least for 90$... :eek:

If one day you decide to spend that big amount of money on such a light, there will surely be some second-hand on the marketplace, priced over 100$! :ohgeez:

I found the NDIS last weekend at Flashaholics (not exactly a bargain, as from UK paid in £...), but it is only 1 x AA. More shiny silver seems impossible, I hope it lasts (won't be EDCed though).

J_C

Enlightened
Which are silver aluminum with HA-III? That seems a good combination of durability and low weight with the almost-natural color desired.