So is the Ultrafire WF-1300L worth the price, and if not, what should I buy?

Mattole

Newly Enlightened
I have been seeing beamshots of the Ultrafire WF-1300L and must say it is an impressive light. And yet I also hear that the build quality of the light can be pretty awful. So what's the verdict on this light? Is there a place to buy one of these lights that can assure that what I buy is one of the good ones of the batch, or are they pretty much all shoddy? In other words, would you recommend that I pass on buying it, and look at another light of better build quality? If so, what is comparable in terms of light output and size? Many thanks.

Mattole

Newly Enlightened
Nobody has an opinion on this light or something comparable? I am amazed...

Mattole

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the tip. The Howitzer looks interesting but way too large for my needs. What a monster!

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are going to spend that much, better go for a bit more and get a quality flashlight.

Well unless you have got plenty of soldering and DIY skills.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Wolf Eyes SuperStorm has similar output and much better quality. But it's pricy, and the beam isn't as nice.

Mattole

Newly Enlightened
I guess I'll stick with my Oracle 24W HID to provide this amount of light (and more) for the time being...

mmbeller191

Newly Enlightened
I am a police officer and usually carry a MTE P7 on duty. A fellow officer asked me for a recommendation for the brightest light out there and I recommended the WF-1300L. He ordered one and loves it. As far as I can see build quality is very good and he has been carrying it for 2 months with no issues. Much brighter than my P7. I think Ultrafire stepped up the build quality on this model versus their $15 lights. For the price it is the brightest around right now, but if you can handle a 6 x 18650 light (similar diameter but about 3.5 inches longer) everyone is waiting for the Olight K90 Intimidator which will be much brighter at an unknown price. I like the three mode high-low-strobe UI for police work but some hate it. The UI is often much more important to whether you enjoy using a light than just having something slightly brighter. So the question is what UI do you want?

hkusp9

Newly Enlightened
I am a police officer and usually carry a MTE P7 on duty. A fellow officer asked me for a recommendation for the brightest light out there and I recommended the WF-1300L. He ordered one and loves it. As far as I can see build quality is very good and he has been carrying it for 2 months with no issues. Much brighter than my P7. I think Ultrafire stepped up the build quality on this model versus their $15 lights. For the price it is the brightest around right now, but if you can handle a 6 x 18650 light (similar diameter but about 3.5 inches longer) everyone is waiting for the Olight K90 Intimidator which will be much brighter at an unknown price. I like the three mode high-low-strobe UI for police work but some hate it. The UI is often much more important to whether you enjoy using a light than just having something slightly brighter. So the question is what UI do you want?

dude... that light is like $450!!!! Thats a little steep even for me, especially since i keep loosing them in the hood...

but it does look like a bad *** light though. I especially like the 2200 lumen output and the battery power indicator. Just wish it would be cheaper. :duh2:

so this 1300 ultrafire "chode" light, would that thing fit in my back pocket and not fall out? Thats how i lost mine tonight. I was alternating between a surefire z2 with a 500 lumen markoff devices wide flood bulb and the ultrafire. the ultrafire must have fallen out of my back pocket.

Also, i have heard that the tail cap on this one sucks. Im interested in this ultrafire model but would like to know if it will alternate only between high and medium. I have said before that strobe is completely useless, its prized by wanna-bee mall ninjas and maybe cynical nurses in seizure wards.

Also, will this light be able to cycle through the light modes quickly and efficiently like i kind of could with my old light (may it rest in the hood... in pieces)

Last edited:

TAIGERSX

Newly Enlightened
Let me tell u this , don't waste your money and buy this ULtrafire 1300. When this light arrived , it worked for 2 days and died ever since. The problem is that the tail cap doesn't fit snug to the body, thus the circuit is not completed. I tried everything I could to make it work but it just did not work. My $130 was just dead and gone.

hkusp9

Newly Enlightened
when you found that your light was dead, did you try to send it back for replacement?

I dropped mine on the concrete about 2 dozen times without any problems.

Also, does anybody have any lumen ratings OTF for the ultrafire brand of lights?

NickBose

Enlightened
Have you looked at the Ultrafire RL-2088? It's rated at 1300 lumen using an Osram 15W running on 3 x 18650. I prefer the 2088 shape to the 1300 and there is a positive review here in CPF somewhere.
It's here

Last edited:

TAIGERSX

Newly Enlightened
when you found that your light was dead, did you try to send it back for replacement?

I dropped mine on the concrete about 2 dozen times without any problems.

Also, does anybody have any lumen ratings OTF for the ultrafire brand of lights?

It would have taken lots of money to send it back to China so I passed that option. Well, if you want to try it out then go ahead cuz people learn through their own experience right ? :naughty:

hkusp9

Newly Enlightened
It would have taken lots of money to send it back to China so I passed that option. Well, if you want to try it out then go ahead cuz people learn through their own experience right ? :naughty:

I actually was wondering if you couldnt just send it back to deal extreme or find some return policy on their website. In this day and age you would think that every online vendor would have to have some kind of return policy in order to do business.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes dealextreme does have a customer service 'hotline' so to speak, have returned my Ultrafire WF-500 xenon to them and it was replaced, not much hassle apart from waiting time, BUT i would say that the only lights whose brands end with 'fire' that can be trusted when the SHTF are SUREFIRE lights.

I just got my A2 and it is one amazing light, have had a few G2s as well and those (for being the basic entry level Surefires) are GREAT!

Buckley

Newly Enlightened
The Ultrafire brand does not seem to enjoy a favorable reputation on this forum. However, like Mattole, I'm interested in the WF1300L in particular, not Ultrafire in general. Therefore, I would very much appreciate responses from CPF'rs who own this specific torch noting specific problems they have encountered with it.

Thanks in advance.