Looking for inexpensive 1xRCR123 P60 host

Vermonter73

Enlightened
I'm looking for an inexpensive 1xRCR123 host that I can use P60 modules in. I will likely put an MC-E or P7 in it and drill a hole in the side so I can use an external battery pack on my bike. Any suggestions?

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Solarforce L2m or the Spiderfire X-03S (sold as L2-S on the Bay) are two inexpensive ones that come to mind.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
This is the cheapest 1xCR123 P60 host I have ever seen. if you're just going to drill and gutt it to host the LED module it should be sufficient. At this price you can afford to get 2 or 3 as backup. Its not water resistant though.

DX:7053

Its sold out at DX, but I am 99% certain there is a Kai equivalent.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I'm looking for an inexpensive 1xRCR123 host that I can use P60 modules in. I will likely put an MC-E or P7 in it and drill a hole in the side so I can use an external battery pack on my bike. Any suggestions?

I've run several configurations for bike headlights. My current favorite is an MC-E.

This setup is power hungry and will burn through RCR123's like crazy. If dual use pocketability is not critical, you may be happier with a larger battery setup. The L2, for example, will run 18650's. The complete light will be about 50% longer, but offer well well beyond double the runtime.

If stability is a concern, the bigger twofish mounts I use easily handle a pair of 26500 cells.