Christmas present for my boyfriend

justlux

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I need suggestions for an early Christmas present. He likes CR123 or 18650 torches.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jessica

Lumenz

Enlightened
Do you happen to know what lights he has already? That would help to figure out what kinds of lights he might like and what he might be missing.

ptolemy

Enlightened
I just wanna say hi to Jessica :D:D:D

Your bf is a very lucky guy! :)

Serious comment: you have many choices - depends what price range you looking at and what your BF eyeing :)

maxilux

Enlightened
I think with this informations we have you cant get good answer, there are hundreds of lights he wants to have.

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
The Quarks and Eagletacs are both very hot items right now, most well under $100 and have atleast a 10 year warranty. Also the new 2-mode Elzettas are pretty hot items and are made in the USA so you can guarantee top notch craftsmanship at a affordable price. Your boyfriend is sure to be pleased with any of these brands, goodluck Jessica :)

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
before we can make any recommendations
is there any chance you can tell us what
torches he already has

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

I need suggestions for an early Christmas present. He likes CR123 or 18650 torches.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jessica

Christmas in September :party: You are an awesome catch! Your boyfriend is lucky to have you! Back to your topic, what has been asked earlier is very important: How much are you looking to spend and what flashlights does he already own? Also, does he have any preference to LED or HID or Incandescent lights? Does he prefer Stainless Steel, Aluminum, or Titanium for the flashlights body? Anything you can tell us will help in giving you recommendations.

My favorite manufacturer is Don (McGizmo). You can see his lights here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=51 . Be cautioned, though, that all his current lights are made out of Titanium and start at over $400.

If that is more than you were looking to spend, I would recommend anything by Surefire. They make great torches and back them with a lifetime guarantee! If anything goes wrong at any point in the flashlight's life, send it back to them and they will either fix it or replace it. See there website here: http://www.surefire.com However, they don't have any any 18650 torches as they do not recommend using rechargeable batteries in their lights.

justlux

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.

Lumenz: He has too many torches to list them all. But here are a few Eagletac M2X C4, Jetbeam Pro 3ST, Surefire E1B, LX2, L4, C2, C3, 6P, Vampire and some big H.I.D's etc. My budget is $200.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire Saint Headlamp :devil:

A Jetbeam Raptor RRT-1 is a good possibility as well :thumbsup:

Last edited:

js-lots

Newly Enlightened
Oh boy, I want his flashlight collection!!! He has a nice sellection of lights already. Maybe buy him a nice custom light from one of the many reputable modders on this site. It also looks like he has some p60 compatible flashlights. There are some good custom p60 drop ins you could buy for him as well. Good luck

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
think the best thing is to go tell him that you really want to get him something that he would like :D i'm married and have learned that the only surprise that my wife will like is a 1 carat diamond, apart from that, she chooses haha

but on a more serious note, check out what he has, then take a look around, i would humbly suggest a La Petite Killer with the AAA tube

manoloco

Enlightened
Oh boy, I want his flashlight collection!!! He has a nice sellection of lights already. Maybe buy him a nice custom light from one of the many reputable modders on this site. It also looks like he has some p60 compatible flashlights. There are some good custom p60 drop ins you could buy for him as well. Good luck

+1

after seeing the lights you listed, this is exactly what i tought too

drop ins are modules that replace the lamps or modules inside the Surefire 6P or similar lights, this modules can be brighter or longer running, and tougher than the standard ones.

Malkoff M60 is a good choice or an MC-E for wow factor (its very bright), they sell for around $55 and $125 respectively, check this website:

malkoffdevices.com

There are some small keychain customs like the sapphire Titanium / arc aaa titanium / la petit killer, bigger customs are more expensive than your budget.

there is also the Ra Clicky, which is a very good flashlight (check if he has one)

from the list you showed it seems he pretty much tries to cover all bases (except for different wavelenghts, the only one that differs from this statement is the Vampire), do you have an idea of what does he likes the most or what combination of these characteristics he likes more?:

portability
runtime
brightness
toughness
reliability
ease of use
multifunction
material

or maybe what do you find him playing with more

I would love if my girlfriend researched about gifting me a light, but i already like the gifts she choses for me everytime, she knows me pretty well.

Last edited:

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
EDIT: My apologies, Jessica. I should've poked around your profile before posting.:nana: Anyway, I suggest this:

-HA-III Malkoff MD-2
-M60W-MC-E
-high/low bezel ring

Last edited:

Ny0ng1

Enlightened
hmm guys... :poke: , I think you're taking her too lightly

my bet is she knows more than some of us on 'SureFire' and 'Malkoff' :sssh:

About justlux

Favorite incandescent light
Surefire M6
Favorite non-incandescent light
Surefire C2 with Malkoff M60
Favorite Manufacturer
Surefire

Sorry Jessica, did a poke around your profile :p

Back to topic: looking at the collection, may I propose giving him something he doesnt have (unless you didnt mention it), a good quality keychain light. Let me direct you to Muyshondt Aeon, $125

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
he likes his Surefire lights, doesn't he :D
As mentioned above the Malkoff M60 would be great
upgrade for one of his SFs
have a look in Uniquetitanium.com for the Malkoff
there shipping charges are a lot more cheaper

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Get him a nice little LiteFlux LF2XT for EDC pocket or keychain duty, and spend the rest on a nice night out.

Geoff

Lumenz

Enlightened
I think you should get him a Ra Clicky 170Cn. It will become his new favorite flashlight.

Or if you want to get him into a new battery type (CR2) get him a Muyshondt Aeon. It literally disappears in a pocket and will last 40 hours on low and 1.5 hours on high.

As others have mentioned, you can also get him a keychain light as a backup light. I carry a Peak Eiger on my keychain.

He is a lucky guy no matter what you get him.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
surefires, eagletacs, HIDs!?! sounds like he allready has his flashlights covered. you should just get him a steak dinner a good bottle of wine.