Wedding Present

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a 1XAA - Warm Tint - Forward Clicky (with momentary on if possible) with 2-3 output levels that are selected by twisting the front bezel. My buddy is getting married and it will be a wedding gift. He uses a flashlight quite alot due to the fact that his eyes do not adjust well to low light conditions. (Brake Fluid to the eyes a few years back, he's been messed up ever since) His current EDC is a little keychain maglite. I would like something abit brighter for him yet simple to use.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a
1XAA
Warm Tint
Forward Clicky (with momentary on if possible)
with 2-3 output levels that are
selected by twisting the front bezel.

Man, this is going to be hard, cannot think of any that fits all those criteria off the top of my head.

neutral white quark This appears to be the closest to your requirements but you had better order fast, its a limited run (so they say)
1xAA, forward clicky switch with momentary on, lots of levels but not by twisting the head, think you program the modes by twisting the head then switch between modes by clicking.

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Thx for the replies.
I have considered the quark but the UI is to complicated for my buddy. If I buy one, it will be mine. :D

duboost

Enlightened
Thx for the replies.
I have considered the quark but the UI is to complicated for my buddy. If I buy one, it will be mine. :D
with the tactical version, once the modes are programmed, it becomes a simple 2 mode light. Loosen head for 1 mode, tighten for the other. If you can program it for him, then it seems to be what you're looking for

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Sounds like a Fenix L1T is what you are looking for... that or the Quark if doing the initial programming isn't an issue. Maybe see if you can find some new-old-stock of the L1T somewhere?

Edit: Oops, that won't be warm tint.... Quark Tactical it is then!

Burgess

Flashaholic
Agreed !

Just what DimeRazorback, and others have already told you.

Get the Quark AA Tactical,
and then YOU program it for him.

Oh, and a package of Energizer L91 Lithium cells, to go with it.

What could be easier ? (for him)
He'll love it ! ! !

BTW, you are a very good friend !

:thumbsup:

PS: use the code CPF8 for an 8% discount on yer' order.

_

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
Also, just a side note, if the neutral lights sell out, the neutral heads are still available in the accessories section.

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Ya, I watched how the UI of the Quark Tactical works and that is why I've kept looking for a light. I may very well end up getting it for him but it will aggravate me to no end knowing that I bought 7 lvl's and are throwing 5 in the garbage. LOL

I was hoping for something like the Fenix TK11 in 1XAA with warm tint.

So far, I'm at the Quark T (which I'm not fond of - and they are out of regular Quark AA Neutral Tints)
and the NiteCore EZaa Neutral White. ( no clip)

Are there any 1XAA / Warm Tint / 2-3 mode lights that you
switch between low and high by simply clicking the tail switch ?

If not, I may settle for just a single mode / warm tint EDC w/clip ( recommendations welcome)

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, I watched how the UI of the Quark Tactical works and that is why I've kept looking for a light. I may very well end up getting it for him but it will aggravate me to no end knowing that I bought 7 lvl's and are throwing 5 in the garbage. LOL

I was hoping for something like the Fenix TK11 in 1XAA with warm tint.

So far, I'm at the Quark T (which I'm not fond of - and they are out of regular Quark AA Neutral Tints)
and the NiteCore EZaa Neutral White. ( no clip)

Are there any 1XAA / Warm Tint / 2-3 mode lights that you
switch between low and high by simply clicking the tail switch ?

If not, I may settle for just a single mode / warm tint EDC w/clip ( recommendations welcome)

Fenix TK20? 2xAA, warm tint, forward clicky, high-low changed by twisting the head.

Budget model: shiningbeam's Romisen RC N3 warm white, 2xAA or 1xCR123/RCR123, single mode only though. You can see tint comparision here

i honestly cannot think of any 1xAA warm tint save for the quark. If Quark's UI is too complicated, then i think liteflux is out too.