Crime doesn't pay

Catman10

Enlightened
Re: Crime doesn\'t pay

That's pretty funny. It'll be interesting to see what happens to him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

papasan

Enlightened

he's gonna get his *** handed to him by the courts. he wasn't in any mortal danger, they were running away. he had no right to run them over, at least not according to the law. he should have thought this one through a little.

bwcaw

Enlightened

Hmmm. Person named Peter in Arizona? I bet Peter (Gransee) doesn't even own a hummer :d

That is a funny story though. Papasan, you are probably right, he will get is *** handed to him, but I think he had every right to chase them, they threatened his life, and he was acting to prevent another occurance of the sort. They could have driven down the road and maybe shot some innocent person in another robbery. Of course Peter was probably not thinking of that when he steamrolled their car, he was most likely just pissed off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

BRAVO!!!

If things like this happened more often, I think there would be less people inclined to commit crimes.

a la Dirty Harry--Well, you have to ask yourself, Punk...did I fill up the tank with diesel this morning or didn't I? Do you feel lucky, Punk? Well...do you...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

-Jason

snuffy

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
bwcaw said:
Hmmm. Person named Peter in Arizona? I bet Peter (Gransee) doesn't even own a hummer :d

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, never noticed that, must be getting old /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm... I had a good laugh when i read the story, but like what papasan said, i'm sure he is going to face charges for this.

flownosaj, if a victim was given the right to retaliate after the need for self defense is no longer necessary, i think more criminals will shoot and kill the victim at the spot to make sure they won't be chased.

Anyway, i disagree with Peter's actions and i hope that he faces charges, especially if someone dies because of his actions. We can't have vigilantism in our society, that is why we have laws, and police to enforce those laws. The criminals would have been eventually caught. Peter's 3-ton Hummer + a a whole lot of rage behind the wheels is more dangerous than the gun that was pulled on him. What if the chase ended up hurting someone else?

Besides...all this for money? That's a shame. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

LOL! This is too funny! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif ... I love this state!! The other day, some guy tried to snag the purse of a 74 year old lady in Phoenix. She chased him down and got her purse back! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif ... How much does that gotta suck that you got your *** chased down and beat up by a 74 year old lady?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
bwcaw said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Now, I don't necessarily condone or condemn the actions of the Peter who ran over the robbers but if it is PG, he darn well better not be arrested for this. Something like that could delay the LS4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pat

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

On a more serious note, my dad was mugged once. He had just come out of a bank and was on his way to his car. At first, he thought the guy was going to try to strong-arm him and my dear old dad was prepared to fight him for the money, but then the mugger pulled a 45. Thankfully my dad gave up the money immediately upon looking down that barrel. The mugger then wanted my dad to get in his car with the mugger. My dad figured if he got in the car with the mugger, he would be directed to drive somewhere more secluded and once there, he would be killed. For this reason, my dad refused to get in the car. He said you've got my money but there is no way in hell I'm getting in that car with you. My dad figured he had a much better chance of surviving where he was. Even if he did get shot, it would be better to be shot on a city street outside of a bank than in the middle of nowhere. After a short argument (as the street got more busy), the mugger ran off.

My dad was at first relieved to have gotten out of this situation alive. Next, he was pissed off. He got in his car and starting looking for the guy. He was planning on running him over. He never did find him and so instead he went and reported the crime. I am thankful my dad didn't find him because lord only knows what trouble my dad would've gotten into, and I am thankful my dad had the good sense not to get in that car. I am convinced he would no longer be with us if he did.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

good!

i'm only saddened the criminals didn't get it worse.

i have no tolerance for criminals. we need tougher punishment!!

treek, i'm glad your dad got away alright.
i don't know if i'd be able to hand anything over do somone trying to mug me...even if was only a dollar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think this guy will probably be facing some assault w/ deadly weapon charges that will be plea-bargained down. The courts would still charge the robbers for their crimes, but I think Peter just chose the wrong thing to do at the wrong time, with rage/passion as the reason for doing it...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Our newly elected Alaskan Governor Murkowski (yes, the U.S. Senator for soooo many years) just signed a bill allowing us to carry concealed weapons without the permit (effective this fall).

Prior, one had to take a safety course (still not a bad idea), register with the state, and carry a card/permit. I'm convinced that many were "carrying" anyways, but if you got caught...bad news.

I won't say how many (if any) guns that I own (living in Alaska where bears literally roam my backyard, neighborhood, just about every site where I work outside, and all of my fishing streams...you figure out if I own any...), however, I'm thinking about a nice little 10 shot .40 cal or something similar to that!!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

i'd like to clarify that i mean tougher punishment for criminals...not that i'm a criminal and i need tougher punishment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

the poll on that site says 86% believe that he shouldn't face charges /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sigman, I would hope that any gun purchasers would still be required to undergo a gun safety/usage course before their purchase, even after the law changes...

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
treek, i'm glad your dad got away alright.
i don't know if i'd be able to hand anything over do somone trying to mug me...even if was only a dollar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
In my dad's case, it really galled him to hand over the money. But he had a family that was relying on him, he couldn't afford to risk his life over a few hundred dollars. He felt the risk would have been acceptable with an unarmed assailant but that 45 really changed things. I am grateful that he recognized this, just as I am grateful that he recognized going along with the mugger would be a huge risk. My mom was pissed at him for standing up to a man with a gun, but I really think he did the right thing. My mom lightened up a bit when the police officers also said that they thought he did the right thing. (Needless to say, he didn't tell them about trying to find the guy to run him over. They might not have approved of that part, at least not officially. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Pat

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

you can really be proud of your dad. both because he stood up, and because he knew when to back down.
heck...i'm proud of your dad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Falcon...no course required to buy at all (just the standard Brady Bill check)...the course was required if one was going to conceal, oh and if you have the card - one can buy a gun anytime without the Brady check...but I'm still convinced it's a "Big Brother wants to know who has what thing"! (Well, maybe...)

Though I agree with you to some extent. I've owned guns all my life, been through "official" training in the A.F. etc...I could still stand the class though. I've got the book they used in one of the courses...don't know if I'll sign up to let em' know I'm carrying!

Hopefully though, we won't end up with a bunch of novices on the streets as "wannabee heroes"!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMHO, a class or course in gun safety and proper use isn't something you can skip on, nor should it be lumped in "gun control"... It's a necessity, a practical must...

This SHOULDN'T have ANYTHING to do with gun control. It's common sense...

If you're a first time buyer, and you buy a gun without knowing how to use it or operate it properly, that's just plain unsafe...