Alert: Begin Stocking Up On Toilet Paper

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
This stinks. Do they expect us to sit down and take this cr@p? The T.P. companies should stand up for themselves and ban environmentalists from using their products. Make them use leaves and pine cones. When they ban T.P., I'll wipe my butt with a spotted owl (I prefer t.p. though). I bet sooner or later, someone is going to protest by t.p.ing one of the environmentalists' private jets. When are they going to stop being a pain in the butt?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Lux, you are going to have to add on a room to your house to store that fluffy Charmin. :laughing:

Bill

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm all for it, but not before they make recycled feel better.... I'd rather use a leaf than some of the stuff out there...

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Well Lightwalker, something has to thin the heard, especially if we are all living to 75+ years of age.:shrug: As for the softness of the recycled stuff, personally, it isn't that bad. Most of the heavy stuff that I have tried just clogs up the toilets anyway, it's like flushing a towel.

Whether you agree with the ban or not, can you at least see the connection between deforestation and destruction of species and their environments and how that deforestation degrades the entire food chain that we all rely on for sustenance? Personally, caring about the health of the planet is caring for your fellow man in my opinion, I just wish that it wasn't given such a bad name or at least used as a tool in politics by political strategists to further divide and conquer for purely political gain regardless of party affiliation.

Our parents and some of you as well may remember when you returned your bottles for a refund and didn't have to worry about recycling and islands of plastic floating in the sea. Our society has become so fast paced and yet lazy that we are drowning in our own success.

Just makes me wanna buy a flashlight!

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you got a big industrial strength vacuum packer, you could probably store a lot more in the same space, and it would be more weather and pest protected.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Lightwalker, something has to thin the heard, especially if we are all living to 75+ years of age.:shrug: As for the softness of the recycled stuff, personally, it isn't that bad. Most of the heavy stuff that I have tried just clogs up the toilets anyway, it's like flushing a towel.

Whether you agree with the ban or not, can you at least see the connection between deforestation and destruction of species and their environments and how that deforestation degrades the entire food chain that we all rely on for sustenance? Personally, caring about the health of the planet is caring for your fellow man in my opinion, I just wish that it wasn't given such a bad name or at least used as a tool in politics by political strategists to further divide and conquer for purely political gain regardless of party affiliation.

Our parents and some of you as well may remember when you returned your bottles for a refund and didn't have to worry about recycling and islands of plastic floating in the sea. Our society has become so fast paced and yet lazy that we are drowning in our own success.

Just makes me wanna buy a flashlight!

The World is not over populated, some men are just greedy. The Earth is rich in resources.

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eat better. When there's nothing to wipe away, it doesn't matter what's available

Lightwalker - earth was rich. gets poorer every day

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
This stinks. Do they expect us to sit down and take this cr@p? The T.P. companies should stand up for themselves and ban environmentalists from using their products. Make them use leaves and pine cones. When they ban T.P., I'll wipe my butt with a spotted owl (I prefer t.p. though). I bet sooner or later, someone is going to protest by t.p.ing one of the environmentalists' private jets. When are they going to stop being a pain in the butt?
:party::crackup:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The World is not over populated, some men are just greedy. The Earth is rich in resources.

i just saw a show today saying we need 3 earths to sustain the amount of people. i'm not sure about that.
another interesting point made by someone else was that it's more about economic wealth rather than the population. people consume more with more money.
then later i saw on cnn about the economy affecting women decisions on kids and that they are delaying or have less kids.

economic downturn=less ppl, less consuming= better for environment? :shrug:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
C'mon guys, you know where this is headed. Let's give Empath something else to do.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
The environmentalists have gone too far this time. This means war. They can take our lives, but they'll never take our t.p.! We shall meet them on the field of battle riding our trusty steeds (angry, out of work grizzly bears who can't wipe their filthy bums) and shout our battle cry, "Don't squeeze the Charmin!"

Just kidding.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Never liked the soft stuff anyway. You get 1/4 the number of sheets on a roll, and it breaks apart when you wet it (I'll leave it to the reader's imagination why wetting and wiping is better than just wiping). I personally like the idea of bidets. Let the bidet do the heavy cleaning, and then just use a few sheets of TP to dry everything off. Too bad they haven't caught on in the states so far.