NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alert: Begin Stocking Up On Toilet Paper

Default Alert: Begin Stocking Up On Toilet Paper

Feeling their power from the incan bans, your favorite toilet paper is now in the crosshairs. Begin stocking up now.

I'm calculating how many rolls of Charmin Ultra Soft I use and will need for at least 10 years.

Default Re: Alert: Begin Stocking Up On Toilet Paper

This stinks. Do they expect us to sit down and take this cr@p? The T.P. companies should stand up for themselves and ban environmentalists from using their products. Make them use leaves and pine cones. When they ban T.P., I'll wipe my butt with a spotted owl (I prefer t.p. though). I bet sooner or later, someone is going to protest by t.p.ing one of the environmentalists' private jets. When are they going to stop being a pain in the butt?

Lux, you are going to have to add on a room to your house to store that fluffy Charmin.

Bill

I'm all for it, but not before they make recycled feel better.... I'd rather use a leaf than some of the stuff out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post
    Lux, you are going to have to add on a room to your house to store that fluffy Charmin.

Bill
    I would rent a storage unit and fill it with Ultra Soft Charmin before these morons get this passed.

Flashaholic*

The world is not ready to make these major decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    Feeling their power from the incan bans, your favorite toilet paper is now in the crosshairs. Begin stocking up now.

I'm calculating how many rolls of Charmin Ultra Soft I use and will need for at least 10 years.
    You won't have to worry about using toilet paper if there is no food.
    http://www.marketskeptics.com/2009/0...tastrophe.html
    I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. - John 12:46

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Fenix View Post
    This stinks.

Do they expect us to sit down and take this cr@p?

When are they going to stop being a pain in the butt?

Well Lightwalker, something has to thin the heard, especially if we are all living to 75+ years of age. As for the softness of the recycled stuff, personally, it isn't that bad. Most of the heavy stuff that I have tried just clogs up the toilets anyway, it's like flushing a towel.

Whether you agree with the ban or not, can you at least see the connection between deforestation and destruction of species and their environments and how that deforestation degrades the entire food chain that we all rely on for sustenance? Personally, caring about the health of the planet is caring for your fellow man in my opinion, I just wish that it wasn't given such a bad name or at least used as a tool in politics by political strategists to further divide and conquer for purely political gain regardless of party affiliation.

Our parents and some of you as well may remember when you returned your bottles for a refund and didn't have to worry about recycling and islands of plastic floating in the sea. Our society has become so fast paced and yet lazy that we are drowning in our own success.

Just makes me wanna buy a flashlight!
    "Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place". John Bender, The Breakfast Club

Icon15 Re: Alert: Begin Stocking Up On Toilet Paper

If you got a big industrial strength vacuum packer, you could probably store a lot more in the same space, and it would be more weather and pest protected.
    I love my HDS/Ra Clicky... My only wish would be a 5th(accessible thru a 2click press) mode, and a 2AA tube.

From my cold, dead hands!
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by saabgoblin View Post
    Well Lightwalker, something has to thin the heard, especially if we are all living to 75+ years of age. As for the softness of the recycled stuff, personally, it isn't that bad. Most of the heavy stuff that I have tried just clogs up the toilets anyway, it's like flushing a towel.

Whether you agree with the ban or not, can you at least see the connection between deforestation and destruction of species and their environments and how that deforestation degrades the entire food chain that we all rely on for sustenance? Personally, caring about the health of the planet is caring for your fellow man in my opinion, I just wish that it wasn't given such a bad name or at least used as a tool in politics by political strategists to further divide and conquer for purely political gain regardless of party affiliation.

Our parents and some of you as well may remember when you returned your bottles for a refund and didn't have to worry about recycling and islands of plastic floating in the sea. Our society has become so fast paced and yet lazy that we are drowning in our own success.

Just makes me wanna buy a flashlight!
    The World is not over populated, some men are just greedy. The Earth is rich in resources.
    I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. - John 12:46

Eat better. When there's nothing to wipe away, it doesn't matter what's available

Lightwalker - earth was rich. gets poorer every day
    Installing Quantum Tunneling Composite (QTC) into M@glite Solitare

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    Eat better. When there's nothing to wipe away, it doesn't matter what's available

Lightwalker - earth was rich. gets poorer every day

Very sane answer... we'll be alright when we can grind-up all of the McMansions and make more TP.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

This stinks. Do they expect us to sit down and take this cr@p? The T.P. companies should stand up for themselves and ban environmentalists from using their products. Make them use leaves and pine cones. When they ban T.P., I'll wipe my butt with a spotted owl (I prefer t.p. though). I bet sooner or later, someone is going to protest by t.p.ing one of the environmentalists' private jets. When are they going to stop being a pain in the butt?

Quote Originally Posted by LightWalker View Post
    The World is not over populated, some men are just greedy. The Earth is rich in resources.
    i just saw a show today saying we need 3 earths to sustain the amount of people. i'm not sure about that.
    another interesting point made by someone else was that it's more about economic wealth rather than the population. people consume more with more money.
    then later i saw on cnn about the economy affecting women decisions on kids and that they are delaying or have less kids.

economic downturn=less ppl, less consuming= better for environment?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by bshanahan14rulz View Post
    I'm all for it, but not before they make recycled feel better.... I'd rather use a leaf than some of the stuff out there...
    There going to be a lot of bleeding butts in the world.

C'mon guys, you know where this is headed. Let's give Empath something else to do.
    Reality is usually scoffed at and illusion is usually king. But in the battle for survival of western civilization it will be reality and not illusion or delusion that determines what the future will bring.

The environmentalists have gone too far this time. This means war. They can take our lives, but they'll never take our t.p.! We shall meet them on the field of battle riding our trusty steeds (angry, out of work grizzly bears who can't wipe their filthy bums) and shout our battle cry, "Don't squeeze the Charmin!"

Just kidding.

*Flashaholic*

Never liked the soft stuff anyway. You get 1/4 the number of sheets on a roll, and it breaks apart when you wet it (I'll leave it to the reader's imagination why wetting and wiping is better than just wiping). I personally like the idea of bidets. Let the bidet do the heavy cleaning, and then just use a few sheets of TP to dry everything off. Too bad they haven't caught on in the states so far.

This has gone too far.

Why worry about tp, when a much bigger waste problem is all of the extraneous, frustrating packaging that comes with everything! Think about it, because of one or two isolated acts of crazy by a few wacko's (remember the poisoned aspirin from the 80 or 90's), the rest of the country has to put up with increasingly frustrating packaging, which is a much bigger waste than tp (because, newsflash, trees do this thing they call GROWING, and it happens all the time), and none of it is biodegradable.

If they were truly worried about these problems, they would focus on the big problems first (extraneous, wasteful packing materials), instead of trying to force idiotic change upon the civilized world.

Dumb***'s. What is the world coming to?

And they can have my tp and incandescent bulbs when they take them from my cold, dead hands (just remember to compost the tp, and recycle the bulbs)... And I plan to live into my 90's...
    I love my HDS/Ra Clicky... My only wish would be a 5th(accessible thru a 2click press) mode, and a 2AA tube.

Can't disagree with you on the wasteful packaging that is present but I don't mind the stuff that safeguards peoples health with OTC medicines.

As for the forests, yes they do regrow but when you clear cut, you remove almost all of the debris that is supposed to decompose and turn back into nourishing soil so the trees can regrow and sustain wildlife and biodiversity.

Eat your fiber as Linger suggests and Hooked on Fenix, quite squeezing my Charmin!

Waste is waste, "waste not, want not", source unknown and or variable.
    Last edited by saabgoblin; 09-24-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Wrong posters name, changed it, thanks!
    "Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place". John Bender, The Breakfast Club

Try to imagine how many rolls of luscious, Ultra Soft Charmin (perhaps some in this thread need the Ultra Strong Charmin) could have been made from all the trees that have been burning out of control in western USA this last year...mostly from the cooling waters in the Pacific, but also because practical logging has been likewise attacked, and all those smaller, pre-Smokey The Bear--"Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires" era--'natural fires' have been immediately prevented by more government federal policies thinking they know best.

OK, don't allow any small fires, logging and reseeding, to thin out the aging forests and brush, instead let mother nature burn it all down and pollute the air 1,000 times more than a city full of gas guzzlers. Smart. Very smart. Nothing wrong with sensible environmentalism, but morons are in charge...and they are after your butt wipes.
    Last edited by LuxLuthor; 09-24-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Can't disagree with you either Lux, practical logging is a good thing in my book and total fire suppression is unhealthy as well. Forests are supposed to clean themselves with fire and some forests, trees, and wildflowers won't grow without fire. Over extinguishing has lead to excess fuel which burns too hot and sterilizes the forest floor, killing all of the "good" and "bad" bacteria.

My next question is, why do we have to bleach toilet paper white and use all of those seemingly unnecessary chemicals, I don't think that its due to sanitary concerns because isn't the pulp boiled in a mash prior to forming the main rolls? When I can't drink out of a stream due to chemical pollution I don't really want to be around, yeah, I do filter my water when backpacking but every now and then I'll sneak a nip or two from a trusted source.

Do some research on the corporations that are gaining profits and leaving stumps and toxic stew for us & our children to deal with:

Where does paper come from?
    http://www.sundancechannel.com/videos/230335318

If you can find the entire episode it covers the bleaching process and the entire tree to napkin process

So much of conservation is just common sense stuff that would cut into profits for the corporations...
    Last edited by bugsy714; 09-24-2009 at 07:05 PM.
    Surefire 18650 Bored Hosts & Cerakote!
    I am visually impaired please excuse my typos =P

Hmmmm,

why not spend the money they are wasting on this "save the trees" campaign, and use it to research how to make recycled tp softer. that way, when they demand that people stop using regular tp, they actually have a viable alternative to offer.

Crenshaw

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy714 View Post
    Do some research on the corporations that are gaining profits and leaving stumps and toxic stew for us & our children to deal with:

Where does paper come from?
    http://www.sundancechannel.com/videos/230335318

If you can find the entire episode it covers the bleaching process and the entire tree to napkin process

So much of conservation is just common sense stuff that would cut into profits for the corporations...
    I suspect that bleaching is a historical preference for wanting to contrast ink on white paper, white representing something clean, not wanting colors that can sometimes stain, puritanical roots, etc.

I no longer care about bleaching. it is always worth seeing the full impact of products we use and examine if things can be done better. As far as the Sundance channel video trying to discuss protecting "old growth" forests, the "TP Terrorists" will not want anyone to think for themselves about the massive and absolute deforestation from fires with their catastrophic pollution and resulting desolation. This seems to be their preferred alternative to my Ultra Soft Charmin. I don't see any King Pines in that photo. Smart. Very smart.
    Last edited by LuxLuthor; 09-24-2009 at 07:32 PM.

Where the heck is Empath? This thread should have never been allowed to continue this long. LOL! Ya know I luv ya.

Dang it! What the heck do they want us to wipe with? 1 ply? I'd rather use 100 grit sand paper than that! This is America and we love our everyday conveniences and we won't let anyone take them away. Haha. Im with Lux. I think I'll be stocking up.
    Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven. - 3 Nephi 12:16

If this is like the stuff in Japan...ugh. The facial tissue and flushable ones are far from "durable" Over thjere we'd use about 2.5X more and it costs more. Double lose.
    Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast