*New Fenix Light?*

futurelawguy

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I have been looking around for a new big light for work (Police Officer) I have just last night, decided on the Fenix TK40.......but just this morning I read the below thread and it appears that Fenix is comming out with a new light.....

Would any of you wait and see what this is? Do you think it will be as or more powerfull than the TK40?? If so I may want to wait. It seems pretty obvious that they will be changing the power source and going away from the AA's....Which I like. But I only would wait if some of the experts on here think that the new Fenix light may compete with the TK 40.....

Thanks for the advice...

Here is the thread.........https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/241839

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
As far as I know, there are not specs out on the TK30 yet...my personal guess would be that it is not necessarily any more powerful, just that it uses a different power source. So maybe something like the Eagletac military series lights that run on 4xCR123A or 2x18650 cells. So I think it would more depend on whether you'd rather use AA LSD NiMH or lithium primaries/rechargeables. That's totally just a guess though, so I could be totally wrong. Maybe someone else can shed some more 'light'? hahahaa...

Last edited:

futurelawguy

Newly Enlightened
As far as I know, there are not specs out on the TK30 yet...my personal guess would be that it is not necessarily any more powerful, just that it uses a different power source. So maybe something like the Eagletac military series lights that run on 4xCR123A or 2x18650 cells. So I think it would more depend on whether you'd rather use AA LSD NiMH or lithium primaries/rechargeables. That's totally just a guess though, so I could be totally wrong. Maybe someone else can shed some more 'light'? hahahaa...

Thanks for the info,

Anyone else have any insight?

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
hmmm maybe you should look in to the maelstorm series by 4sevens, that is coming out in the near future...i will be getting their first model in their series that is coming out, their trying to push it at 700 lumens for 10 mins?

just a thought...

Last edited:

futurelawguy

Newly Enlightened
We can only read the same thread as you.

Obviously you can read the same thread as I can.....I am not a Flashlight freak........Just trying to get some good info so I can get the best lights for my job......Excuse me for thinking that people on here might know more than me or might be privy to some new info...

I have seen many threads where you jump on people quickly and sarcasticly.......Whats the deal? All I asked was if anyone had any additional info.......if you dont no need to reply.

futurelawguy

Newly Enlightened
hmmm maybe you should look in to the maelstorm series by 4sevens, that is coming out in the near future...i will be getting their first model in their series that is coming out, their trying to push it at 700 lumens for 10 mins?

just a thought...

Thanks for the info.......I appreciate you complicationg my decision more...........

Haha JK......Thinks for telling me about another light

jake25

Enlightened
Obviously you can read the same thread as I can.....I am not a Flashlight freak........Just trying to get some good info so I can get the best lights for my job......Excuse me for thinking that people on here might know more than me or might be privy to some new info...

I have seen many threads where you jump on people quickly and sarcasticly.......Whats the deal? All I asked was if anyone had any additional info.......if you dont no need to reply.
While I see your view on Marduke, why couldn't you just...............post your question .........IN that thread....:candle:

futurelawguy

Newly Enlightened
While I see your view on Marduke, why couldn't you just...............post your question .........IN that thread....:candle:

You mean there is a thread full of people that are not fans of his?? (Not really surprised)

Can you direct?

300winmag

Enlightened
Although Marduke sometimes(often) goes overboard about the little things in life he can be very helpful. So I look at it as a half and half situation....
If he barks at someone that just means he finished helping someone else... :naughty:

AndrewP

Newly Enlightened
FutureLaw

I am not a collector of torches. I am a 12 year serving Police Officer though. I joined here to get an idea or two on the Olight series of lights. I recently purchased the M20 and M30 for work. I would recomend getting something like the M20premium for on the belt where it will always live, plus put in a spare battery magazine or two in the very well thought out holders. THen buy yourself another bigger light like the TK40. I know nothing about it other than what is written on here. Or go the M30 Olight. Either way I recomend the permanant smaller light living on your belt plus a larger light you can put in easy reach in the patrol car. This way you will never be short a light. Just make sure the bigger light is going to give you heaps of light. I carry a third light in my car also which is a hand held tri LED spot light with inbuilt rechargable Lead Acid battery. I am fanatical about having enough lite as I often work one up, in zero light and can be an hour or more from backup. Either way in the future if they bring out something which is way better than I have now I would likely get that. But otherwise I little improvement aint going to impress me. Just buy a light now and start being happy you did.:party:
If you would like any advise on actual operational use of Flashlights ie using these things and not just collecting/comparing please message me. I can't tell you anything more about their specs than what you find on here but I can give you real and actual examples on how a good light can actuall save your bacon in a tight situation. Your obviously looking for advise based on future operational law enforcement use.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
You mean there is a thread full of people that are not fans of his?? (Not really surprised)

Can you direct?

I am pretty sure he was referring to the EXISTING TK30 thread which already contains all known information on it (which is practically nothing).

Toaster

Enlightened
We can only read the same thread as you.

+1

If you have a question on the TK30, might as well post it in the thread that already exists on the topic that you knew about from the very beginning but decided to ignore anyways for apparently no good reason... :shakehead

jake25

Enlightened
We're not trying to bash you or shun you from cpf, lawguy, at least I'm not but think about when the next guy wants to research the TK30 and has to sift through 20 of these threads thus making him hate the search function, then making his own thread adding exponentially to the useless/needless threads...a never ending cycle

sappyg

Enlightened
Hello all,

Would any of you wait and see what this is? Do you think it will be as or more powerfull than the TK40?? If so I may want to wait. It seems pretty obvious that they will be changing the power source and going away from the AA's....Which I like. But I only would wait if some of the experts on here think that the new Fenix light may compete with the TK 40.....

nah... i would'nt wait. there's always a new light just around the corner.

i'm no expert but it would be counter productive for fenix to offer lights that would compete with the lights they already offer though i think fenix is constantly improving it's products.

if the tk40 suites your needs i say go for it.

bansuri

Enlightened

Can you direct?
You misread.
Marduke always has great information and suggestions. I've never seen him come out and bash people the way you are in this thread.
For a future LEO you've a big chip on your shoulder.

Regarding the Fenix: as we approach the holiday season I suspect there will be a flood of lights from all manufacturers. New emitters. New battery configs. It will be awesome! Also expect to see some fantastic bargains in the Marketplace.