Wedding Present (revisited)

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Ok, it seems that the light I was looking for in my last thread doesn't exist.
My good friend is getting married Oct 11. Due to an accident 2-3 years ago where he had brake fluid squirted into his eyes, he has problems in low light conditions. He uses a flashlight every day and doesn't know anything beyond maglite. I would like to get him a nice light for his wedding.
I was asking for a 1XAA / 2 modes via twist bezel / FW clicky with momentary
The closest thing that has been suggest is the Quark AA tactical (- which IMO would be way to much for him to mess with. So I will just ask for
Warm LED / Pocketable (EDC) / common batteries ( no rechargeables) AA would be best but I suppose I could buy him a 10 pack of 123's if need be)
Would like to have a low and a high (a few more modes is ok so long as you don't have to do up up down down left right B A Start to get there)
It doesn't have to be 8 million lumens either.
Just a simple warm white noob light that will get alot of use (and not sit in a box like most wedding presents) and will make an old friend smile.

-- Also, I ask for warm because.... well, you guys and gals know why ---
but I suppose it doesn't have to be, it just seems more along the lines of something that would help out his damaged eyes.

To all who suggested in the first thread -- Thank you very much for your time and patience... same for those who will lend a hand in this thread.

NE450No2

Enlightened
I would recommend a Sure Fire E1e, I carry mine everyday everywhere, and use it several times a day, or an E1L, or L1.

If he is using it as a daily light the high of the E1B would probably be too bright.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like said in your last thread, the EZAA or the Quark are the only two that really fit the bill well.

Don't be surprised if this thread gets locked or merged with your old one :thumbsup:

grunscga

Newly Enlightened
The Jetbeam E3P does everything you asked for except for the warm tint.

Review here

It's a stainless steel light, which might be more fitting as a wedding present (oooo...shiny :grin2: ).

It also runs "ok" on alkalines (especially on low), and not too bad on e2 lithiums on high (at least, according to the review). It doesn't do Li-ion 14500s, but you said no rechargeables, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
The Jetbeam E3P does everything you asked for except for the warm tint.

Review here

It's a stainless steel light, which might be more fitting as a wedding present (oooo...shiny :grin2: ).

It also runs "ok" on alkalines (especially on low), and not too bad on e2 lithiums on high (at least, according to the review). It doesn't do Li-ion 14500s, but you said no rechargeables, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Grunscga
You are the man -- I looked up the E3p and its a beautiful light. While looking at it I recalled that my buddy wanted a light that wasn't a dark color (black/green/brown) so he could see it if he dropped it.

While looking at the light I found that they also offer the E3P in a Cree Q3-5A which is a neutral white --- perfect
Thank you and everyone for the help
Thank you very much

Jason

RGB_LED

Enlightened
If "warm" is not a critical option, then the EagleTac P10A fits your bill...
- 2 modes (Hi / Low) w/ twist of head
- Momentary on (forward clickie)
- 1xAA
- Uses 1.5v Alkaline AA (or NiMH if he ever decides to venture there)

IIRC, it's only available via the eagletac.com website.

Er... ok, just saw your latest post... this light is only available in anodized black so forget it...