Best Keychain Light on Lithium Primaries?

Neubauej

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a new EDC keychain light that I can run on a lithium Primary. Bright is of course good. I like forward clickies. but a twistie would be okay. Multi mode is a plus, but not required. Runtimes of 30 mins or so on high (if multi mode) would be desireable. <$100 would be best. Suggestions?

Thanks!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a new EDC keychain light that I can run on a lithium Primary. Bright is of course good. I like forward clickies. but a twistie would be okay. Multi mode is a plus, but not required. Runtimes of 30 mins or so on high (if multi mode) would be desireable. <$100 would be best. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Fenix LD01 from 4sevens can run off AAA lithium primaries (though i use NiMHs in mine and 10440s to show off). Three modes: med-low-high using a twisty to change modes.

specs according to 4sevens:

• Cree Q5 7090 XR-E LED
  • Three output modes: 27 Lumens (3.5hrs) -> 10 Lumens (8.5hrs) -> 80 Lumens (1hrs)
  • Four days of survival use (two continuous hours per day on the lowest setting)
  • Uses one 1.5V AAA battery (not included), inexpensive and widely available
  • 7.35cm (L) x 1.4cm (D) | 2.9 in (L) x 0.6 in (D)
  • 14.8-gram (or 0.5 oz) weight (excluding batteries)
  • Made of aircraft-grade aluminum
  • Durable Type III hard-anodized finish
  • Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with AR coating
  • Waterproof to IPX-8 Standards
  • Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
  • Reliable twist-switch
  • Includes a spare o-ring, a split ring, and a pocket clip

would this be what you're looking for? oh and dont forget to use "CPF8" as a discount code.

LED Cool

Enlightened
yeah i noticed that too.

go get one and you won't regret it.
there after, may you will always forget the others. :naughty:

khoo

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
When you said lithium primaries, I was thinking CR123a.

For that, I went with the Fenix P1D Premium Q5. It's hard to beat the Fenix lights. This one is as small as any CR123a light can be. Very bright for size/battery (180 lumens).

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_69_51&products_id=354

One thing that I learned the hard way with keychain lights is that the clicky switch isn't always a good idea. My clicky lights would turn on at random times because they get hit on the end where they keys are quite a bit. Thats why I'm now a twisty fan. Plus, twistys are almost always shorter.

Also, my first P1D died on me after almost a year, and Fenix-Store replaced it with no questions asked.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
For AAA: One of the offerings from either (in my order of preference) Maratac, Liteflux, Fenix or iTP

For CR123: Fenix P1 or P1D or Nitecore EZ123.

For CR2: Nitecore EZCR2 or the Muyshondt Aeon (at $125 it is a little outside your budget, but well worth it and if you were going to be using anything other than a AAA this is the only one I would truly consider carrying)

fiorano

Newly Enlightened
ITP EOS 3-mode for ~$20 :whistle:
+1

Ding, ding, ding. We have a true performance/size/weight/value winner. Works as a keychain and EDC light.

Load with an L92 and you're set. Plus, with all the money you save you can buy other cool lights. :thumbsup:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maratac AAA from Countycomm can run on 1 AAA lithium primarie.
http://www.countycomm.com/aaa.html
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/239571

+1

Very good so far - I carry this attached to my SAK which is always in my pocket and I have been very impressed.

I bought my father one and its been a few months and he hasnt broken it yet which means it must be tough. It was very funny - we were out at dinner the other night and he pulls out the Maratac AAA and is complaining its too bright - I asked, dont you know about the different levels? He had totally forgotton and was like a kid who just got a new dog :)

I keep and Arc-AAA on my keys though - not the brightest out there but sure as hell is a time tested tank.

Neubauej

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a bunch guys! I meant on L92's, but the Fenix P1D Premium Q5 Sure on 123's sounded good too. So I ordered one of those... and an ITP A3 EOS from Going Gear. $20? Why not. More lights are better than fewer!!!

CPF Rocks!!!

:twothumbs

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best keychain light ever is the Muyshondt Aeon. Get it in aluminum or Ti and love every second of its quality, durability, output and runtime.

I have owned many, many lights and the Aeon is at the very top of my list.

fiorano

Newly Enlightened
Best keychain light ever is the Muyshondt Aeon. Get it in aluminum or Ti and love every second of its quality, durability, output and runtime.

I have owned many, many lights and the Aeon is at the very top of my list.
Fantastic keychain lights:
Muyshondt Aeon Ti - $295
Muyshondt Aeon - $125
ITP A3 EOS UPG - $20

Um, do the math and it's pretty obvious that the ITP is incredible value for the price.

Last edited: