Urnabeams new Freedom 250L LED (1 CR123)

chimneycheck

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered an Urnabeam (New name is now Max Beam I think) Freedom from Liotec a few days ago and was very impressed with this light. I haven't been on the CPF for a while and have gotten rid of many of my lights and needed a pocket light and came across this one and am very glad I did. It may be my new favorite.

If you want a small LED light that is reasonably priced (I think it is about $50 and it uses 1 CR123 or RCR and supposedly lasts about an hour on high), bright with great throw you might want to check out Liotec and see this light. CPFers may get a better price? I should get John Buckley to give me a free light for this!!!!!!!!

I was very impressed. I really like having Liotec and PTS out there. I have bought flashlights from both those chaps and my friends have too. They are a great resource.

Just wanted to say something about the Freedom, likely many don't know about it. I showed it to a fellow inspector and he bought it from me on the spot. Sorry, I have to wait for John Buckley to send me another one before I can post pics (if anyone cares).

John LeBaron

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered an Urnabeam (New name is now Max Beam I think) Freedom from Liotec a few days ago and was very impressed with this light. I haven't been on the CPF for a while and have gotten rid of many of my lights and needed a pocket light and came across this one and am very glad I did. It may be my new favorite.

If you want a small LED light that is reasonably priced (I think it is about $50 and it uses 1 CR123 or RCR and supposedly lasts about an hour on high), bright with great throw you might want to check out Liotec and see this light. CPFers may get a better price? I should get John Buckley to give me a free light for this!!!!!!!!

I was very impressed. I really like having Liotec and PTS out there. I have bought flashlights from both those chaps and my friends have too. They are a great resource.

Just wanted to say something about the Freedom, likely many don't know about it. I showed it to a fellow inspector and he bought it from me on the spot. Sorry, I have to wait for John Buckley to send me another one before I can post pics (if anyone cares).

John LeBaron

always interested to hear about a new light, could you post a link to it?

what sort of inspector are you? any stories to tell where a light was used in the course of work?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the link, looks really tiny but it doesnt say anything about compatibility with RCR123s though. and i dont really need the strobe, lo-med-hi would be a better interface IMHO

chimneycheck

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the link, looks really tiny but it doesnt say anything about compatibility with RCR123s though. and i dont really need the strobe, lo-med-hi would be a better interface IMHO

Sorry for the long delay in my responding. The strobe is not as harsh or dramatic as most (I almost wonder if it really is since is seems to pulse rather than strobe) and the low really does not seem that low to me.

It really is just a small high (relatively) powered little light. The CR123's work and so do the non-rechargeable ones.

The beacon is its big brother. It uses a larger 3.7 volt battery and is supposed to last about 2 1/2 hours, there is a review on it on the forum and it seemed to stand out in its class, very nice light.

www.liotec.com is the website. There are a lot of amazing small lights out there. John Buckley and Mike (with PTS) have a lot to offer.

Currently, I use the Freedom for most of my work (I inspect chimneys) and pull out the WE Pilot Whale when entering attics, crawls and looking down big black chimneys. The Pilot Whale is really amazing. Both PTS and Liotec have this light and I think give discounts to CPFers.

supes

Enlightened
How does it cycle through the 3 modes?

Reverse clicky?

I'm also disappointed in non-compat. with RCR123. Looks like its in the category as the 3P/1 cell P60 lights.

travelinman

Enlightened
Can't tell about the build quality, not unless I have it in hand, but just looking at the specs, the ITP line gives more flexibility (UI, as well as batteries), choices lumens etc for about the same amount of money. Check them out. I love my C7,8 & 9.