Exlites WTE-263

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

I have a small 13-LED torch from Repco. it's not a bad little thing for $7, but I was wondering what options there were for squeezing a little more out of it.

There's no real information out there in the tubes, and all I can find is the wholesalers website http://www.keywholesalers.com.au/TORCH_RANGE.htm
(it's at the bottom of the page)

Would anyone have any ideas on modding this at all?

Cheers

d1337

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF! :twothumbs
I don't think that you will find any worth while mods for this light. The tech it uses is very dated by CPF standards. It would likely cost a lot more than what you paid for the light to mod it. If you look around the forums you can find some reviews of some good "budget lights" that will offer many times the performance of your light for under $20. On the bright side your light is using some tried and true tech. If you are able to spend around $20 on a light you can find a lot of good info on budget bessie's review thread in the LED review sub forum. Then you could use this light as a long running backup. It may also be good to know that many modern lights only use one LED (instead of multiple LEDs) but the single LED is 10-20x more powerful. I hope this helps.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply.

I realise it's a fairly hopeless little torch, but it's been a faithful little thing and I'd like to give it a 2nd lease on life.

After some reading, I've decided to replace the (I'm guessing) 5000mcd leds with a bunch of 25000mcd leds from ebay.

I've done all the maths, and made sure they're the same Vf as the stockies.

Should give it a little boost...

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to show what a few higher powered LED's can do...

Stock:

With new 25cd LED's