Recommendations for a Floody Beam

crockett

Newly Enlightened
I have an EagleTac M2XC4 and love the light but now I'm looking for a "bigger" bright light that is a lot of flood. It doesn't have to be pure flood.

I believe I could get a diffuser for the Eagletac but I'm the type of guy who will just lose it anyways. I think I'd rather have a specific tool for the job.

I want it for my checking my backyard from the porch which is rather shallow and wide.

I was looking at the Olight M30 but I don't think I'd like the UI and the efficiency on medium seems pretty poor.

I'm also looking at the MG PLI (?) as well. However, I'm not sure what else there is out there.

I would prefer that it runs on 18650 x 2 or x 1 and is regulated or pretty close to it.

It also occurred to me that I could get a "big" light 700-900 lumens and just leave the diffuser on it all the time. Then if I ever moved I'd have another big thrower :D. Whatcha think?

Thanks.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the price, I don't think you're going to find anything that can compare to the MG PLI.

njet212

Enlightened
You might want check the Ultrafire WF-1300L it using 3x18650. For more detail you could check here. For beam shot you could go over here.

crockett

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses.

Sorry, forgot to mention budget. I was hoping $150 or less.

Wolf Eyes too pricey.
Ultrafire WF-1300L bad reviews

I already had the MG PLI on my "to get" list. So maybe I'll just get one of those and then decide from there.

I'm half-tempted to by the EagleTac M2C4 and just leave the diffuser on it.