Who's disassembled a Quark?

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, the new Quark Titaniums will hopefully be here soon. And Modamag is offering a coating service, TiAlN is available for titanium lights.:faint:

But of course the lights have to be disassembled before they can be coated.
So who's done it? And do you have pictures or a step by step? Or both?:poke:

jahxman

Enlightened
Yes, please do report on how - the tailcap comes apart easily enough but the pill/light engine seems like it may be glued in - and possibly two parts to the head as well?

I'd really like to be able to put one of my neutral white emitters into one of my Quark Titaniums when the time comes - and also create an aluminum Quark XP-G in the process...

So far I haven't had the guts to subject one of mine to alot of heat and whatever other torture to try to get it open...:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Last edited:

jahxman

Enlightened
just soak in boiling water for a 2 minutes and quickly unscrew it.

Have you actually done this and can confirm that it worked OK, or are you just speaking in general on how to deal with loctite, if that is what it is?

If you did it on a quark, please describe in a little more detail what you did. Thanks!

uplite

Enlightened
I asked what glue is used in the 4sevens forum, but they haven't replied.

Try emailing 4sevens directly. They might cancel your warranty, but I don't see why they would withhold this info. Sooner or later someone will tear apart a quark and post all the details.

Or you could PM the guy who opened his quark in this thread.

Be sure to post whatever you find. With pictures! :D

-Jeff