New M1X version

Fender

Newly Enlightened
It looks like the M1X production has stopped and it is getting a "circuitry update". Does anyone know any specifics?

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any links?

Are you referring to the updates that have already occured...

The upgrades that serparate the gen 1 and gen 2 models??

bullterrier

Enlightened
Any links?

Are you referring to the updates that have already occured...

The upgrades that serparate the gen 1 and gen 2 models??
]

do some one havea picture of the gen 2 model?.
al pictures i have seen is on the gen 1 model.
gen1 was to like surefire M3T if i remember correctly?.

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
'Gen 2' are the current models.

It isn't really their official names... just an easier way to describe them :thumbsup:

Fender

Newly Enlightened
This information came from our Canadian dealer, http://www.j2ledflashlight.com

Find the M1X on there and it states it on the bottom of the page, which was just updated a few days ago.

He is sold out and said he won't be carrying the current version, he's going to wait and get the new updated version. He said it's supposed to go into full production the end of next month.

Fender

Newly Enlightened
I think he is just talking about the 'new' green ones.

Don't forget, it is advertising.

They just sold out of the new OD version.

I had asked him a week and a half ago when they were getting more in, and he said that Jetbeam was going to ship out Natural coloured M1X's on September 25. When I checked back that day, it was updated to say "The manufacturer - Jetbeam has delayed manufacturing this model as they are going to up-grade the circuitry." I emailed him about this yesterday and that's when he replied back with this:

"Hi Mike,

Jetbeam contacted us yesteday that the M1X would be delayed again due to an improved circuitry. They say it could be next month end before full production begins.

Since the new circuitry would be improved , I will not be carrying any present version of the M1X until the new circuitry is available on the market to sell.

I will try to get more information regarding the new circuitry and let you know."

Vesper

Enlightened
Interesting. Sounds like they talked with the makers of Jetbeam. JB seems to be constantly changing their product, so why not I guess.

Fender

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. Sounds like they talked with the makers of Jetbeam. JB seems to be constantly changing their product, so why not I guess.

I was hoping someone else had some more info on what's going on with it. I'm not sure if I should wait for this supposed new version, or just get the current one from Bugoutgear. I don't think there's any reason to NOT get the current version.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
There's no reason not to get the current version, but wouldn't you kick yourself if the new circuitry gave you something else? Like better regulation or efficiency? I'm going to wait it out and pull the trigger on the new version, not a huge fan of the OD green finish anyway.

Fender

Newly Enlightened
There's no reason not to get the current version, but wouldn't you kick yourself if the new circuitry gave you something else? Like better regulation or efficiency? I'm going to wait it out and pull the trigger on the new version, not a huge fan of the OD green finish anyway.

I'm supposed to be getting it as a gift in the beginning of December. I'll hope it doesn't take too long to get the new version out!

Of course I would kick myself!! :ohgeez:

Tiantang78

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so its not as bad as it sounds ... from the previous posts it sounded like there was a problem with the current M1X's circuitry but it turns out Jetbeam just want to improve the circuitry on the M1X ... so i guess why not? I think it is already a great product, if they can make it better then go for it!

Fender

Newly Enlightened
I'll definitely post if I hear anything more back from them.

In a way I almost want the current M1X, because as far as I know, it's a very solid light. I'd be getting something that I know is great.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Sounds to me like they just don't want to order anymore of the OD color units and gave you that "line". Natural finish will be going into production next month, but no word on any circuitry updates.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com
JETBeam USA

Fender

Newly Enlightened
I wonder how long it will be until they get the natural ones in then. It sounds like it may be a while!

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds to me like they just don't want to order anymore of the OD color units and gave you that "line". Natural finish will be going into production next month, but no word on any circuitry updates.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com
JETBeam USA

Thank you for confirming my suspicions :thumbsup: