1 x aa Warm tint EDC?

*Dusty*

Enlightened
Anyone got one or recommend one? Preferably through ownership and not just the spec sheets?

Currently EDC an L1d from Fenix, but I quite fancy the warm tint, just getting a bit tired of the cool tint.
I'd like a bit more flood than throw and ideally areound the size of the L1D, money isn't going to be the deciding factor, as long as we aren't into monopoly figures :eek:

MustardMan

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in this as well. I could use a couple of small AA lights for gifts, and I think folks would appreciate a less harsh light.

R@ndom

Enlightened
I have a energizer 1 watt that a member modded with a high CRI seoul. It's literally a poor man's sundrop. It's got a extremely smooth beam profile with no hotspot. Just an even beam that fades out. It's 30~ lumen is great for indoors when you don't need to be too stealthy.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for the Quark AA neutral.The standard models are sold out(tactical is still available)but you can buy the neutral standard .9~4.2v head and subsequent parts to put a light together.It will cost more that way but is still worth it IMHO.

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking for a warm AA for a wedding gift --
I almost bought a quark - and would have if they had any left in stock (all they had was the tactical version)
and I found the Jetbeam Element e3p in neutral. Might be something to look into -- its a beautiful looking light. I have not received it yet though.

Here is a review
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/215722

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't this one a bit more of a thrower?

I'm liking the look of the Jetbeam element though!!

Yep, it is! I had not seen this version, but I-Pro V3 has amount of light more than element 'cause it can running on li-ion. The Quark AA and Element E3P W, both are out stock. Maybe on ebay!

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd get one of the neutral tint Quark AA tacticals. I've got the 123 version and it a nice little light, and now my EDC, replacing my Fenix L1T v2. Great forward clicky, nice spacing of the light levels, nice color to the beam, and a good blend of throw and flood. The knurling is good...makes the light easy to hold onto, but hasn't (yet) started to eat through pockets. The tactical version lets you set both the high and low levels, so you can set the light up the way you want it.

syncytial

Newly Enlightened
I agree that the Quark AA in neutral white is a fine choice. Don't assume that because it is out of stock from 4sevens in the US that it is out of stock at the other 4sevens outlets. I just checked quickly, and it looks to be still available from the others.

Is this light the absolute best possible light, which cannot be improved upon? - no, of course not. For the price, it is a very good light, with a number of desirable features and characteristics - that's why I bought one.

Obviously the tint is a prime factor, as well as the quality of the supplier (think support), moonlight mode, and the ability to run with a LiIon battery (which boosts the highest output but keeps the other levels as designed.)

Take advantage of the wealth of information and opinion here, and choose the light that appears to best suit your needs/wants. Don't be hasty, do your research thoroughly, and think about what those needs/wants really are.

There are other good options, but the Quark is worth serious consideration.

- Syncytial

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark AA Neutral, I love it, but I could do without the sos and beacon.

I have been looking for a warm AA for a wedding gift

I think I would go with a NiteCore EZ AA for a gift - unless I knew the person was a flashaholic and would be happy with a complicated light. It seems like a great EDC for someone that wants useful, but simple and it has both low output for great run time and high output for when you need more light.

jankj

Enlightened
Anyone got one or recommend one? Preferably through ownership and not just the spec sheets?

Currently EDC an L1d from Fenix, but I quite fancy the warm tint, just getting a bit tired of the cool tint.
I'd like a bit more flood than throw and ideally areound the size of the L1D, money isn't going to be the deciding factor, as long as we aren't into monopoly figures :eek:

I'm in the exactly the same position as you (lent my fenix ld10 to a friend on a camping trip, he lives 10 hours from me...). I heartily recommend the quark. It has a tighter hot spot than fenix (the large, but far reaching fenix LD-series hot spot is just SO useful - if only they had a warm white version). At first I tought the quark would be too throwy for my EDC liking, but I grew accustomed to it surprisingly quick. Probably because the spill works so well... You could also add some diffuser patent, but I think you'll find it's not nescessary.