What other models compare to the Olight M20 Warrior Premium?

-sro-

Newly Enlightened
Hi all!

I have been looking around trying to find some models similar in price/ size to the M20 premium.

It seems that it just blows everything I have found out of the water.

7 lumens: 150 hours
90 lumens: 12 hours
250 lumens: 4 hours

These are the output/runtimes from the manufacturers website.

90 lumens at 12 hours is pretty good, but 250 at 4 hours is amazing.

I have seen some models that compare to 250 lumens but they run for about 1.5 hours.

Is the M20 as good as I think it is?

Any suggestions on lights that compare as far as price/ size/ and output/ runtime?

Thanks!

AndrewP

Newly Enlightened
I have the M20 premium. What is the best battery type to use in it?? 18000's or the 123's?? Why does the 123 regulate and the 18000 not???

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ 2-123 batteries gives 6 volts. The circuit can cut this down to what the led needs...thus regulation. An 18650 runs around 4 volts under load...thus too low for the circuit to reduce and regulate. Direct drive is actually very efficient!

-sro-

Newly Enlightened
So I should have gotten 1 18650 instead of my 2 rechargable cr123a batteries huh?

And as far as not trusting what the company says wouldnt that go for most every company... for example

Olight says it can run on 250 for 4 hours but is actually much less, and xxx company says thiers can run at 250 for 1.5 hours but it is also much less.

It would appear that the Olight still has a better output/ runtime ratio.

Too bad you can't follow the specs, I thought my light was really ALOT better than most others in it's class

GotDogs

Newly Enlightened
So I should have gotten 1 18650 instead of my 2 rechargable cr123a batteries huh?

And as far as not trusting what the company says wouldnt that go for most every company... for example

Olight says it can run on 250 for 4 hours but is actually much less, and xxx company says thiers can run at 250 for 1.5 hours but it is also much less.

It would appear that the Olight still has a better output/ runtime ratio.

Too bad you can't follow the specs, I thought my light was really ALOT better than most others in it's class

I am no EXPERT !!! I have a few lights, My M20 is up there with the best of them. If you have one, you have one of the best lights out there.
Just my humble ( Biased ) opinion. John

AndrewP

Newly Enlightened
Can I confirm. Does either of those batteries make the light shine brighter than the other??

PS M20 is an excellent light. I think pound for pound better than the M30, but the M30 is excellent too.