New Inova X2

flashlite

Enlightened
I was at Target yesterday and made my way back to the flashlight section. It's been a while since I really looked at what new offerings are out there and I really haven't been on these boards for a while. I did see an Inova X2, which sort of looks like the Xo (with the larger head, unlike the X1) but it takes 2 AA's. Funny thing is, I didn't see it on Inova's site yet and my search here came up with zilch. I've always liked Inova lights and I love the form factor of the Xo, I just don't like 123's. Has anyone handled one of these? I don't think the packaging said which emitter it was using but I'd like to know a little more about it.

jthomson111

Newly Enlightened
I saw the same thing. It looks exactly like an XO, my target even had it on the same peg and the price was the same. The other thing I noticed was that it listed the lumen output and not the wattage like other Inova lights.

flashlite

Enlightened

No. This was the X2. Now that I think about it, the Bolt was on deep discount at The Sports Authority the last time I was there, so maybe they're discontinuing that for this new model?

The only reason I didn't pick one up was because it was $37 and the "new" River Rock Nightfire 2C caught my eye. Believe it or not, that was the first time I saw that light too. I've since decided against the RR because of the lack of throw, plastic lense & reflector and the fact that it's apparently all glued in there. I suppose the Inova is no different though.

Maybe I'll go back to Target and pick one up just to take a closer look. I really don't need another flashlight though unless this has something special to offer. A really nice Cree might do the trick. I don't have a lot of lights with Cree emitters.

flashlite

Enlightened
Pictures or it didn't happen...

:whistle:

Well I decided to buy one just to check it out. My Target only had 4 black ones, so if I do decide to keep one of these, this one will go back so I can get a silver one if/when they get them in. My camera skills are not good and I couldn't get a close up of the emitter with my camera, possibly because I was trying to get the picture through the packaging. I'm hoping someone else more knowledgeable either has one of these or will get one and can identify the emitter. The packaging does not indicate what emitter is in there. I really do like the form factor, I just can't justify the $37 for just another flashlight.
img1636a.th.jpg

In case you can't see it in the picture, it says "Maximum Output 85 Lumens". This light looks identical to the X0 except that it's slightly longer and narrower due to the different battery configuration.
img1636a.th.jpg

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Interesting !

Are these new X2 models just 1 brightness level ?

Good Work !

:thumbsup:
_

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pictures or it didn't happen...

:whistle:

I get really sick of reading statements like this, contrary to popular belief, not everyone has a digital camera and not everyone that does carries it with them 24 freakin' 7.

Perhaps this new X2 is the "secret" model mentioned here:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2339769&postcount=7

:candle:
_

That's what I was thinking too, this is great, but I was thinking at first that they were going to have a new 1AA light.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find. I wonder if it uses the newer K2 l.e.d. like the rest of the new Inova lights (other than the X1 of course)? It's tempting, but I recently got a new XO from Fry's Electronics for $33. The XO is definitely brighter than 85 lumens. Might be around 100 or 110. The new K2 l.e.d.s are nice. They have a warmer tint than last year's batch. My new XO has a warmer tint than my 2008 T1. It's about time they came out with a AA light that is well built, bright, efficient (hopefully), warm tinted (hopefully), and isn't butt ugly (like the bolts). With a new K2 l.e.d., it would probably give triple the runtime of the 2AA bolt light.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I actually would have preferred an update to the 2xAA Bolt. Same output with longer runtime with a current gen emitter would be great. I also happen to think they look just good.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man I sure hope they didn't make a boneheaded choice with the emitter like they did with the X1. Like putting a Lux III in it or something:green:

A TFFC K2 would be great, a Rebel or even an XP-E (doubtful, but who knows).

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
does the package include a freebie holster?

i actually prefer Pelican's (2AA's) 2630 design with a clip though. :duck:

flashlite

Enlightened
Interesting !

Are these new X2 models just 1 brightness level ?

Good Work !

:thumbsup:
_

The package doesn't mention anything about multiple levels, so I'm pretty sure it's just one. I still haven't taken it out of the package yet because I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it - unless I know they aren't going to make it in that silver/grey color.

does the package include a freebie holster?

i actually prefer Pelican's (2AA's) 2630 design with a clip though. :duck:

No holster, clip or lanyard included.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone notice something else? Inova is putting lumen ratings on their X series for the first time. Used to be X lights got wattage, T lights got lumens.