Visa Black Card

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Got an offer in the mail to get one of these. . .
visab.jpg

*The above pic is of the generic Visa Black Card that you get printed on the application. A.L Taylor is not a real person, and that's not a real cc number.

Apparently it's not as exclusive as the AMEX Black Card, but not by much. Wonderful rewards program and a ton of other benefits. It just comes with a nearly $500 Annual fee!

Best part is, that fee gets tacked on as soon as the card arrives in the mail. Oh goody. I get to pay them for the privilage of carrying their card in my wallet, and before I even use it! :crackup:

Now there's two problems:

1 - I don't make nearly enough to have a Sky's-The-Limit credit card. And it's not as though Visa is unaware of that fact. I already have a Visa card. No annual fee. On the application, I put down "Security Officer" under the employment box. While there are indeed some Security Officers who can make over $40,000 a year, they tend to be in the extremely small minority. I make a bit more than the average Security Officer. But not by much, and no where near 40K a year. You'd think someone at Visa would have double-checked before sending me the Black Card application.

2 - Even if I was eligible, I'd never own a No-Limits credit card. Last thing I need is for someone to see me use it, and then try to bash me in the back of the head in order to steal it. Some muggers know that if they kill their victims, they can continue to use the stolen credit cards for at least a few hours longer before they are cancelled, or before the limit is reached. A No-Limits credit card? Even better than getting a date with a Super Model who's "in the mood."

I'm not a flashy guy. The Black Card rewards don't interest me. Maybe if those rewards included some Milky modded lights. But then again, I'd rather just give the $500 annual fee to Scott anyway. Makes more sense to me.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I honestly thought it must of been a scam when I read your post... :crazy:

I don't have a credit card and I am sure the policies are different here anyway, so please excuse my ignorance :laughing:

But that is a little bad for visa to do so... no wonder they get people in debt (well, people get themselves in debt but offering someone with a possible spending problem isn't very nice!)

:shakehead

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone in my family received one of these offers, including my 2 year old son!!! :eek:oo:

How funny is that!!

No way in creation would I pay 500 bucks just to have their card :shakehead

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I honestly thought it must of been a scam when I read your post... :crazy:

I don't have a credit card and I am sure the policies are different here anyway, so please excuse my ignorance :laughing:

You're excused. :D

No worries, it's not a scam. Black credit cards are usually for the Uber rich. You know, the type of person who wants to try out a brand new Ferrari, so he finds a Ferrari dealer and drives off the lot in just a few hours. The same way you or I would just pick out a new Surefire model to try out. If your name is Mel Gibson, you have a Black card.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats what I thought they were and I think I have heard references to them in movies or something... but for some reason I thought that they were "gold" cards...

Who knows, I'm going off 2 hours sleep right now :crackup:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
all these new black cards are getting old, the only one thats worth a flip is the centurion, and thats a cool card. my dads got one for his office, it gets the funniest looks when i hand it to someone to buy something, and people are always surprised by the weight.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
isnt that the point of credit cards though? to get people to spend loads of money so that the bank can get some percentage of that amount you spend? either that, or the interest on a bill you might be late in paying?

Crenshaw

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could always go to Capitol One (or any other company with a design-your-own option) and use a black background image. :whistle:

-Star-Bellied Sneech

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
isnt that the point of credit cards though? to get people to spend loads of money so that the bank can get some percentage of that amount you spend? either that, or the interest on a bill you might be late in paying?

Crenshaw

It is, and that is why I don't like credit cards :thumbsup:

1 what

Enlightened
I love marketing and how it exploits vanity.
There's only one thing better...expoliting vanity plus insecurity.
No thats not the ultimate, it's vanity plus insecurity plus stupidity!
(Apologies to any black card holders)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
A colleague of mine has a Titanium Amex card. And yes. It is made of titanium. Ho hum.

theres gotta be something cool about edc-ing some McGizmo Ti, some Ti knife, Some Ti Pen, and of course, your Ti card.

Crenshaw

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
sounds like a case of mistaken identity...my buddy shares a name with a multimillionaire somewhere and got one of those type of offers for a card with a $10 million limit, also he gets audited every year for taxes lol

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get any fancy offers like that, we like to spend so instead of a pre-approved credit card application we get pre-declined credit card applications.