eagletac p20a2 v p100a2

spearfish

Newly Enlightened
what are the differences between these lights?
which one has better throw/flood/spill??

anyone have any comparison beam shots at around 50m?

DigMe

Enlightened
what are the differences between these lights?
which one has better throw/flood/spill??

anyone have any comparison beam shots at around 50m?

I think the P20A2 is brighter with more spill and probably will have better throw. The P20A2 offers low/medium/high +strobe. The strobe activation is kind of annoying. It activates too easily. I have the P20C2 and aside from the strobe it's a great light. I was using it out at my land at night this past weekend. Throw is awesome and it really lights up an area. It has more spill than I thought it would. Of course the P20C2 is going to be brighter than the P20A2. Even with the annoying strobe activation I never accidentally activated it when I was out pig hunting at night on Saturday. I used it quite a bit. I wish they would offere a tailcap switch that would not activate strobe mode at all.

brad

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
The P20A2 is brighter, and has better throw.

P20A2: XR-E R2 240 lumens
P100A2: XP-E Q5 195 lumens

Both come in neutral white varieties, of which the P20 is again brighter.

:wave:

spearfish

Newly Enlightened
cool thanks!

p20a2 it is then!

I've been a member for a few days and already will have 2 new lights! you guys are addictive :poke:

Where to buy it now and have it shipped to Australia? I checked the eagletac-store.com but it's not listed and the other resellers don't ship to Australia.

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
cool thanks!

p20a2 it is then!

I've been a member for a few days and already will have 2 new lights! you guys are addictive :poke:

Where to buy it now and have it shipped to Australia? I checked the eagletac-store.com but it's not listed and the other resellers don't ship to Australia.

PTS is the way to go. Great customer service. You will love the P20. I was kind of annoyed at the strobe thing with my T20, and still am, but the more I use it the more I love this light. ET put a lot of thought into this light, but had a bit of a brain fart with the strobe activation.

spearfish

Newly Enlightened
just pulled the trigger on the p100a2 actually! eagltac-store.com had them going for 40% off! :party:

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
The P20A2 is much brighter than the P100A2 and the P20A2 has a very low(low) great for extended runtimes when needed, Ive found its perfect for hunting.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The throw is fairly close between the two, but the P20A2 does put out more overall light (has about 20% more lumens). Here's the lux @ 1 meter(throw) numbers from my light meter:

P100A2: 6,100
P20A2: 6,700

The P20A2 is showing about 10% more lux, which isn't much more. However, it'll have a bit more light in the area of the hotspot... that should help to put more light on the target. :D

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
According to my Deep Woods of WV Meter, the P20A2 looks much brighter than the P100A2 :naughty: I hunt Coyote at night so I get and and test these in real world environment, beats the **** out of the meter I just got, most people dont understand those numbers anyway. Both are great lights, one brighter than the other and a few more features, thats all :cool:

spearfish

Newly Enlightened
well I did get 2x p100a2 for the price of a single p20a2.. So i'll have double the lumens when I run them at the same time :naughty:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to my Deep Woods of WV Meter, the P20A2 looks much brighter than the P100A2 :naughty: I hunt Coyote at night so I get and and test these in real world environment, beats the **** out of the meter I just got, most people dont understand those numbers anyway. Both are great lights, one brighter than the other and a few more features, thats all :cool:

Exactly... the real world doesn't lie. I haven't had a chance to get the P20A2 into a large open area, but from what I observed here I figured it'd put more light on target. Even though the craze is XP-E and XP-G emitters, it's still hard to beat a good 'ol XR-E! :D