SL Ultra Stinger Opinoins

LightGrunt0311

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I'm looking at buying a SL Ultra Stinger rechargable for the house. I know there's plenty of LED options out there but I'm a diehard incan at heart.

How does the SL Ultra Stinger perform? Is it reliable? Durable? Would you recommend it?

Thanks!

-lightgrunt0311

lebox97

Enlightened
(might get more response if this is moved to incandescent)

have had one for years - does well, reliable yes, durable yes, would I recommend it - yes/no - it's primary advantage is throw... which you may not need if you live in the city and/or it's for in the house primary use?

there are a lot of other "general purpose" incan lights (SL-20/35, Magcharger, SL M6 (presuming you get a re-chargeable pack for it) - all depends on form factor (what fits your hand, and wether you want to use it possibly for defensive purposes as well), and your budget?

check out my sig line link for comparison of the above lights and more - you may be surprised
:huh:

there is a few threads around here too.

EDIT: I see now you have a magcharger, why looking for US?

Hey guys,

I'm looking at buying a SL Ultra Stinger rechargable for the house. I know there's plenty of LED options out there but I'm a diehard incan at heart.

How does the SL Ultra Stinger perform? Is it reliable? Durable? Would you recommend it?

Thanks!

-lightgrunt0311

Last edited:

LightGrunt0311

Newly Enlightened
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have a Mag charger that's mounted in the garage and I'm looking for an incan. rechargeable for the car.

I see a brand new Ultra Stinger on sale for $100 and I'm tempted to buy it. I really like brightness and the 295 lumens is very appealing...

I've had the Mag charger for almost a year and it has so far been proven to be damn reliable. I've dropped it a gazillion times and even used it as a hammer to break locks several times with no issues.

I've heard some good things on the Ultra Stinger but just wanted to get personal opinions from here.

Reliability and durability is a big must for me.

Thx!

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's one of the few flashlights I actually regret purchasing.
But the SL Ultra has been discussed many times before here on CPF.

lightplay22

Enlightened
I've had one hanging on the wall by the back door about 5 years now. Had to replace the battery about a year ago. It is charged and ready all the time and throws a spot very well, well enough to light up anything or one that might be around my shop and work van which are about 150' from my back door. It doesn't see a lot of use and still looks new and is still on the original bulb, but it is always ready and bright which I like.