Tiablo A7 owners

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
With no replies yet, I'll toss one in: sitesearch. It's generally far faster to do a quick search first, and then mention it in a thread like this once you figure out that somehow nobody has answered your question.

Now I hope you find what you're looking for or I'll feel like a jerk referring you to sitesearch without providing any real help ;)

sfca

Enlightened
I already saw Selfbuilt's review. I asked him a couple questions on there too.

I'd like to know what other users/owners think about the light after having used it for some time.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
The A7 really has not been out for very long. I think the dealers have only had it for a week or two.

How long do you want the users to have tried it before giving their opinion?

I have one in the mail to be here tomorrow or wednesday. Do you want a first opinion?

sfca

Enlightened
In that case I'll wait!
For some reason I was under the impression it was the first week of October.. Hmmm...

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought it, used it for a while, and am returning it. That makes it sounds bad when it really isn't, but it doesn't fit my needs.

Pros: build quality is excellent, and I mean really excellent. Everything is perfectly fit together and perfectly clean (or lubed). And I love the styling. Also, the light is designed so that many aspects can be decided by the user. eg, lanyard, grip ring on/off and position, clip, and you can even unscrew a rear retaining ring to make the switch protrude without affecting waterproofing. However, this does lead to the largest number of major parts I've ever seen in a flashlight.

Cons: Switch flickers when turning on for the first time - issue with circuitry, not switch. And the UI in general could be a lot better, and definitely more reliable. And, of course, it isn't very bright.

I've owned a Tiablo A9, MA6, and A7, and each one represents a huge leap forward. But I don't think Tiablo is on top yet.

sfca

Enlightened
When you mean it isn't very bright what do you mean in relation to?

Roughly 200+ - 230 lumens isn't shabby, though the beam is supposed to be more flood then throw which in itself is useful.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I played around with mine a bit today. It has a very very odd UI. You start pressing the button... and after three presses it starts to cycle through the modes.

The way the manual reads it says press the button three times or more to change the mode. I was clicking 4 times thinking it would only change once no matter how many times you clicked, and I kept ending up in strobe.

Every time you press the button it doesn't always turn on. It will pause for approximately 1 second of darkness, then it will pick a mode and come on. I'm not sure what the light is doing.

As of right now, I think it would be best to mod this thing with the L-Mini II driver board and be done with this UI.

The low mode isn't much dimmer than the high mode. It might be half the lumens, but it only looks slightly dimmer.