Short comparison: Eagletac T100C2, Surefire M962, Fenix PD20, Pila GL3

haplo

Newly Enlightened
For some reason, I don't have permission to post in the Flashlight reviews, so any mods who read this, please move if you see fit.

Its cool and wet outside (57F, and it just finished raining), so these beamshots aren't the best. However, they're all at the same object, so it should be a decent comparison in terms of brightness.

This is my first review, so I'm sorry if it sucks. :) These are some of the worthwhile lights that I own, and I was really curious myself how the Eagletac T100C2 compared to my Surefire.

I got the Eagletac today. It is the neutral white LED with the OP reflector.

I'm testing the following lights:

lights-1st-review.JPG

Top to bottom: Fenix PD20, Eagletac T100C2 NW OP, Pila GL3, Surefire M962.

These pictures were taken at 15 yards to a big burn pile in my backyard (bonfires are great in Oct), around 12:20am EDT.

Taken at F5.6, 1/2 second shutter, ISO 1600.

pd20-low.JPG

PD20, low

pd20-med.JPG

PD20, med

pd20-high.JPG

PD20, high

pd20-turbo.JPG

PD20, turbo

pila-gl3-red.JPG

Pila GL3, red LED tail cap

pila-gl3-incan.JPG

Pila GL3, main incan.

m962-125l.JPG

Surefire M962XM07 w/ MN10 (125 lumen) lamp.

m962-225l.JPG

Surefire M962XM07 w/ MN11 (225 lumen) lamp.

t100c2-low.JPG

Eagletac T100C2 NW OP low

t100c2-turbo.JPG

Eagletac T100C2 NW OP turbo

Summary:

I think the Eagletac did very well compared to the Surefire. The Surefire light is definitely a warmer light (it is an incan), so close up objects have a lot more truer color. It is a lot more floody too, which I think makes it a very good weapon light.

I have a woods about 130 yards from the house. Unfortunately, with it being as wet as it was outside, I couldn't get any good pictures to post. But I can say, that the PD20's cool LED could not light up the woods (the moisture in the air captured all of the light). The Surefire and the Eagletac both reached the woods, and the Eagletac threw better than the Surefire, illuminating the woods a lot more.

My main reason for doing the review was to compare the Eagletac to the Surefire, but I hope you enjoyed the other beamshots as well.

H.

haplo

Newly Enlightened
nice review. which led comes in the warm t100c2?

CREE XP-E Q3 3W LED According to their website. The standard tint is a Cree XP-E Q5 3W LED.

I do have to add to my review - I think the Pila GL3 had the best color of any of the lights. I know its an incan, so its going to be much warmer than the LEDs, but I think the Surefire was a bit too red. You don't really notice it much, unless you have the Pila GL3 turned on too.

H.

Stealth

Newly Enlightened
I hate to say it, but IMO the incan won prettiest beam at this distance anyway.

I have the T100C2Mk2 SMO not neutral white, this dosent look diff tint wise.

Third place = Pila

Fourth place = PD20, perdy bright for its size, but look at all the blue!

OTOH: I CAN tell more of a diff between grass color and branch color w/ the EagleTac than the Surefire.

BTW, I'm slightly colorblind, so don't listen to me.

DigMe

Enlightened
I'm thinking of getting the T100C2 to replace my Surefire G2 on my AR-15 poor-man's light setup. I'm very impressed with quality and output on my P20C2 so far. Especially when I used it at night out at my land this past weekend.

brad

haplo

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking of getting the T100C2 to replace my Surefire G2 on my AR-15 poor-man's light setup. I'm very impressed with quality and output on my P20C2 so far. Especially when I used it at night out at my land this past weekend.

brad

I have a G2 on my shotty. The T100C2mk2 is far brighter. What I really like about this light compared to other weapon lights is that it has two modes. I don't want 200+ lumens if I'm in my house. If I need to go outside, then I want 200+ lumens. The G2 works great for the shotty, because its range is about the same as the guns. :D

Toaster

Enlightened
Nice beamshots! You did a good job of capturing the differences in tint imho. :thumbsup:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, welcome to CPF haplo! The review is great, definately does not svck. Very good showing of the different tints of the lights. I agree with you both that the Pila had the best overall tint, and that the EagleTac has great overall brightness with good tint. I could see the cardboard best with the EagleTac. Thanks for the effort.

FYI: no one can start a thread in "Reviews", must be moved there by a moderator.

haplo

Newly Enlightened
No pictures...

Dunno why it doesn't work for you. I just tested this with Firefox, Opera, and IE, all with a cache clear,and it works fine. Just to be overly zealous, I tested it from my work PC (remote desktop) and it works fine there too.

H.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I know why. madsquirrel.com works very very very slowly outside US. Long enough for Firefox/IE to brake connection.