Flashlight in the washing machine?

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Any CPFers ever forget to take their edc light out of the ol' trousers and send it through the water works? I washed AND dried my Quark 123 the other night... man I love the smell of Gain.

Good job on the Quarks, 4Sevens; my stupidity has given me more faith in the quality of your product.

sparkysko

Enlightened
Dexlight X.V, Ultrafire C3 and a Nitecore D10 all have gone through a couple times in the washing machine and dryer (on high). All continued to work just fine.

flip

Enlightened
I washed a little AAA Streamlight Sonic 3 times. I had put plumbers silicone on the threads and it still works great.

mr.vu

Newly Enlightened
Surefire G2. It was turned on. The batteries leaked, but I cleaned it up and it worked just fine.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha - washing machine vs. flashlight threads always make me smile :D

My E01, Arc-AAA, Ra Twisty and E1B have all survived unscathed.

The E01 I think about 3 times now :shakehead

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I haven't done that, though I have gone swimming and forgot my keys in my pocket with a Fenix LOD CE and Arc AAA attached. No damage. My daughter washed her Ipod shuttle. They aren't quite as durable as flashlights!

Illum

Flashaholic
Surefire G2, L4, E2e, E2L....
Fenix L2P, P1-CE, E01...
minimag, solitaire...
Inova XO, XO2, XO3, X5...

I'm under the impression that any light that is operated using a twisty will not survive being thrown in and bouncing around. But if its well protected inside fabric they usually turn out okay. Of course I can't say the same about tumble dry medium...but:candle:

Surefires did fine, inovas did fine, the middle two leaves a bit to be desired

JohnF

Enlightened
No damage with multiple washings of ARC AAA and LF2. My 3 D-cell maglite has never been through the wash, however.

John F

gordonshowers

Newly Enlightened
My 3 D-cell maglite has never been through the wash, however.
:laughing:

None through the wash yet, but a Lummi Wee has survived a mud bath followed immediately by a hot spring bath. Had some condensation on the inside of the front lens and it went very discoloured (nickel silver version). The tour operators did warn us that silver would become discoloured, but we forgot all about it because it was worn round the neck. Nothing that a quick dismantle & clean couldn't sort out though.