NEW PD30 R2!!!!

NWdude83

Newly Enlightened
Great... now I have to consider this as well as the Olight i20, and the Quark 123 for my new carry light. I know I already have a PD30, but I really want a pocket clip.

Vicvic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!
:popcorn:
• Cree XR-E LED (R2) with lifespan of 50,000 hours
• Two modes (6 types) of output, generation/turbo selected by turning the bezel (patented)
-General Mode: 10 lumens (65hrs) -> 70 lumens (9hrs) -> 125lumens (4hrs) -> SOS
-Turbo Mode: 235 lumens (1.5hrs) -> Strobe
• Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
• Uses two 3V CR123A batteries (Lithium)
• 118mm (Length) x 21.5mm (Diameter)
• Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
• Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
• 53-gram weight (excluding batteries)
• Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard
• Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
• Push-button tail cap switch
• Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
• Anti-roll, slip-resistant body design
• Included accessories: holster, lanyard, body clip, two spare o-rings, and a rubber switch boot

StriderSMF

Newly Enlightened
I feel kind of sorry for the guys who just got the old PD30 in the last few weeks lol this happens every time. glad i have had mine for some time now. time for an upgrade! now i will have three P3D Rebel,PD30 Q5,PD30 R2 i sure hope the power goes out again soon.

Buckley

Newly Enlightened
Is this the new "TK30" that CGD08 was referring to in this thread? :confused:

candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=241839

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to appreciate the fact that Fenix is continously updating their old lights, and constantly coming up with new lights. Kudo's to Fenix.

Bill

recDNA

Flashaholic
You have to appreciate the fact that Fenix is continously updating their old lights, and constantly coming up with new lights. Kudo's to Fenix.

Bill

I'd be more excited if it were an XP-G. I doubt you'd actually be able to notice the change in brightness with your eyes.

Larbo

Enlightened
I have a PD30 and I also want one...and an LX2 and a etc etc..:broke:

lovecpf

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light will probably be outdated as soon as the new Cree XP-G lights start to come out next month. Now if they make a PD30 with an R4 bin XP-G l.e.d. by Christmas, I'll be more interested. They could probably make a 300 lumen pocket light with great throw if they came out with one. I think they would have been better off with the clip facing the other way so it could be used clipped to a hat. I'll pass on this one. I already have a TK11 R2 and it is only one bin better than my P3D Q5.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
well if it goes anything like the P1D VS quark123 i think the quark will have it, especially when quark starts putting those R4s and R5s in their regular lights

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If price is not too bad, I may try this Fenix. It looks really nice. Depends on how crazy the mode functions are. I hate complex mode changing rain dances. Guess that explains why all of my lights except one are single mode.

fiorano

Newly Enlightened
Seems like Fenix is usually an emitter behind the other guys.

R2 for the others, Q5 for Fenix. XP-G for the others, R2 for Fenix.
They must have pretty thorough testing procedures, or something.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't personally like the new designs that they are releasing, with the pocket clips etc.

To me they just look cheaper for some reason :shrug:

recDNA

Flashaholic
well if it goes anything like the P1D VS quark123 i think the quark will have it, especially when quark starts putting those R4s and R5s in their regular lights

Guys like me who prefer the floody beam will prefer the P1D.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
Guys like me who prefer the floody beam will prefer the P1D.

heheh i won't lie i carry both, the quark123 clipped to my pocket, and when/if that dies, i use the P1D although last time i ended up cannibalizing the battery from the P1D and continued using my quark....i like the button better than the twisty, easier 1 hand operation

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't personally like the new designs that they are releasing, with the pocket clips etc.

To me they just look cheaper for some reason :shrug:

I think they look way better. The originals are good, but they are plain Jayne. These remind me more of a surefire kind of look, plus the clip is removable so im fine with that.

I have a P3D CE i gave away, a P3D Q5, PD30 Q5 and when these PD30+ come out im going to get one of those, extra lumens is always welcome and a new design is really nice too.

Any word if this light will have the more durable square threading?

StriderSMF

Newly Enlightened
I think they look way better. The originals are good, but they are plain Jayne. These remind me more of a surefire kind of look, plus the clip is removable so im fine with that.

I have a P3D CE i gave away, a P3D Q5, PD30 Q5 and when these PD30+ come out im going to get one of those, extra lumens is always welcome and a new design is really nice too.

Any word if this light will have the more durable square threading?
+1 :twothumbs