Best 3 volt LED P60 drop in currently?

PaulHsu

Newly Enlightened
Obviously a malkoff M30 would be ideal for 3 volt applications. What are the cheaper best alternatives for a 2 AA C3 set up?

Also would adding an a20 for an additional AA cell for a total of 4.5 volts make a big difference?

PaulHsu

Newly Enlightened
Re: LED low voltage drop in recommendations?

I wish I could afford an M30 it would make this much more simple :sick2:

lightmyway

Newly Enlightened

The Solarforce dropin that i have is excellent and will run off a AA with no Problem .Makes a light that much more versatile.I got mine from Jake (marketplace).:twothumbs

PaulHsu

Newly Enlightened

The Solarforce dropin that i have is excellent and will run off a AA with no Problem .Makes a light that much more versatile.I got mine from Jake (marketplace).:twothumbs

which one did you get if you don't mind telling me?

PaulHsu

Newly Enlightened
For you flashlight geniuses out there - What's the brightest P60 drop in when only given 3 volts of battery power?

I have seen some that list the power range from 3V-18V
and some from .8V-4.3V

Would the drop in with 3V in the middle of the range generally be better suited over the ones where 3V is the minimum?

(I had another thread with this question but I think I worded the title horribly :sick2: )

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

Solarforce R2-M 3 Mode dropin in a Dereelight CL1H V4 1x18650
IMG_8287_processed.jpg

http://flashlightconnection.com/Der...-R2-WH-neutral-warm-white-Flashlight-p27.htmlrest you can check out here.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/235171

I am still working on a system for comparing shots.

Marduke

Flashaholic
You can edit the title of your other thread...

But in short, pick any flavor of the Malkoff M30 (flood, warm, etc.).

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would the drop in with 3V in the middle of the range generally be better suited over the ones where 3V is the minimum?

Generally yes. If they are saying they are accepting much more than 4.2V that is the voltage of Li-ion cell you generally are looking at something that's a buck only circuit so it's just running direct drive to the LED.

Along with the Malkoff with Marduke suggest Solarforce now has modules that are compatible with 1 primary cell - both single and multimode.

DM51

Flashaholic
Please do not start a new thread on the same topic. As Marduke has pointed out, you could easily have edited the title. I'm merging them.