Lost my Fenix LOD at Cedar Point

UpChUcK

Enlightened
Yep, I had it in my left-front pants pocket and with a SAK Classic attached to it and when I checked my pocket, it was gone. I went on several coasters so it could have been lost anywhere. I just hope it didn't fall out when I was on the Millenium Force and nail someone in the melon. I know it is small but it would hurt at 90mph :oops:.

Anyways, I'm looking for a replacement. Looking at the ITP A3/Maratac AAA or the Lumapower Avenger GX. Anyone have one? Thoughts please. And any other suggestions welcome. Looking for a simple UI with a bright high and a low low.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Bummer to lose your light. I'm a big fan of the LiteFlux LF2XT. While the UI appears very complex, which it is, the light can be set up for exactly what you want, a low low and the highest level. I'm also a fan of the Maratac AAA. This one is very nice and a good replacement for the L0D. Same UI, but no strobe or SOS. The low is a good bit less than the Fenix and the high equal or better. Less than half the price of the LiteFlux. Both are worth owning.

Geoff

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
wow i haven't been to cedar point since the year that the millenium force opened....4 hour wait time :green: i used to love the raptor first thing in the morning! best coaster ever, i'll bet you lost it on that ride, its insane, even 15 years after it was built, and i am sorry to hear about your loss, but it is an excuse to purchase the next best thing :thumbsup:

scott

Enlightened
Wow! I was just about to post to tell everyone that I'd just been to Cedar Point and found... ah, never mind.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Thats a bummer... at least you lost it doing something you love.

I can't ride roller coasters, I turn green, barf and end up envious of everyone else who can.

I am very happy with the ITP A3 EOS. Such a wonderful EDC. I bought it to replace the L1T-V2 my daughter lost.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have heard many great things about the ITP 3 mode, but my LD01 is serving me well so i can't justify (do we need to justify our light purchases???) it just yet, think i will give away my other AAA light :D

kramer5150

Flashaholic
i have heard many great things about the ITP 3 mode, but my LD01 is serving me well so i can't justify (do we need to justify our light purchases???) it just yet, think i will give away my other AAA light :D

IMHO the biggest difference is the Low-low mode of the A3-EOS. If you find 10L a more useful low, and don't need 3 Lumens, I think you are better off staying with the LD01.
:grin2:

Backpacker Light

Enlightened
and when I checked my pocket, it was gone.

Looking for a simple UI with a bright high and a low low.

my fear exactly,

my (older model) LOD CE is always in my left hand pocket, and used numerous times each day.

I would immediately replace with a brighter and more effiecient Fenix LD01 Q5 without blinking a eye. What a great light!

kts

Enlightened
my fear exactly,

my (older model) LOD CE is always in my left hand pocket, and used numerous times each day.

I would immediately replace with a brighter and more effiecient Fenix LD01 Q5 without blinking a eye. What a great light!

+1

gordonshowers

Newly Enlightened
I'm a big fan of the LiteFlux LF2XT. While the UI appears very complex, which it is, the light can be set up for exactly what you want, a low low and the highest level.
Or you can put it in "simple" mode (CUI) which makes it incredibly easy to use. I haven't found the desire to switch it to FUI yet, the CUI is perfect for my needs.

I'm a big fan of the LF2XT as well. I used to EDC a L0D (together with a D10) but my LF2XT has now replaced it and my L0D has been relegated to bedside table duty.

UpChUcK

Enlightened
wow i haven't been to cedar point since the year that the millenium force opened....4 hour wait time :green: i used to love the raptor first thing in the morning! best coaster ever, i'll bet you lost it on that ride, its insane, even 15 years after it was built, and i am sorry to hear about your loss, but it is an excuse to purchase the next best thing :thumbsup:

Yeah, my age is catching up to me. After the Raptor, I felt a little queasy :sick:. But yeah, Raptor is great! At least equal to Maverick for a 'relentless-throw-you-around' ride. Want speed, Millennium or Dragster.

After a short grieving period, it finally did hit me that I have and excuse to get a new light :naughty:.

Rumor has it the 4Seven's AAA light may be released soon... I'd be tempted to wait for that if I were you.

How soon? I need a replacement for my EDC like now.

Wow! I was just about to post to tell everyone that I'd just been to Cedar Point and found... ah, never mind.

LOL. I did check CPF to see if found it though and someone posted :anyone: .

my fear exactly,

Yep, had the L0D CE Q4(?). I think that was the model. Loved that light. It was used a lot. And it never failed to impress people with its output from such a small light.

But now I have a chance to get features that suit my needs/preferences better. For instance, I would like no flashing modes or if there are flashing modes, have them hidden. Which is why I am not looking at the Fenix LD01 Q5. I dealt with it on my L0D but always wished they were not there. I also would like a lower low than the Fenix which is 10 lumens. One of the reasons the Maratac/ITP and Lumapower were considered - 1.5 and 4 lumens respectively.

The LF2XT looks interesting but I must admit the FFUI looks complicated. It's not a deal breaker but simple UI's definitely appeals to me :thinking:. It has timed auto off in CUI? Can this be disabled?

Thanks for the recommendations so far. It is much appreciated. lovecpf

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The LF2XT looks interesting but I must admit the FFUI looks complicated. It's not a deal breaker but simple UI's definitely appeals to me :thinking:. It has timed auto off in CUI? Can this be disabled?

The timed auto-off can be totally disabled. You'd never know it's there. I keep mine enabled so the light will turn off if accidentally switched in the pocket. Sometimes it's aggravating when I've forgotten to override it (3 clicks) and it shuts down when I need it, but it's still worth having.

Geoff

carrot

Flashaholic
Well at least Cedar Point is awesome. I was passing through Ohio this summer and I made sure to stop by and ride all the coasters. I don't really remember which ones I liked most but the whole day was a blast.

UpChUcK

Enlightened
Well at least Cedar Point is awesome. I was passing through Ohio this summer and I made sure to stop by and ride all the coasters. I don't really remember which ones I liked most but the whole day was a blast.

I stopped going in summer. Too crowded + too long of a wait in lines + hot &humid = miserable. I only go on the last Sunday in September. Saturadaysa are still too crowded for my liking. If you go on Sunday, the longest you will wait in line is 15 minutes and that includes the 'big' rides.

I can hijack my own tread, right? :eek: :p

Anyways, to get back on topic. I'm considering buying BOTH the Maratac AAA and the Lumapower Avenger GX.

When will this affliction end!?!? :mecry:

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
Never lost a light at CP yet, riding ALL the rides. L1D, 120e, E01, etc etc.

I'm compulsive about checking all my pockets, but they've never even really shifted.

What kinda pants?

UpChUcK

Enlightened
Never lost a light at CP yet, riding ALL the rides. L1D, 120e, E01, etc etc.

I'm compulsive about checking all my pockets, but they've never even really shifted.

What kinda pants?

They were hiking pants. The convertible kind - zip the legs off and they're shorts. Mountain Hardwear Mesa. I should have put it in the cargo pocket but out of habit put them in the left front pocket. Oh well, live & learn. :shrug: