SF M3 sized light with 400-500 lumens?

Corey R.

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a 6P Malkoff and just ordered a TK11 from battery junction. I wouldnt mind something a little larger, say M3 sized that has 400-500 lumens.

I need it to be rechargable, and it would be nice to have lower settings. Is it possible to stay under $200? What do you recommend?

Corey R.

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I like that M30. I may call in the morning and adjust my order from the tk11 to the M30!

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out my beamshots :thumbsup:

You can see it compared to many of my other lights including Surefires, the TK11 and Malkoffs :D

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I currently have a 6P Malkoff and just ordered a TK11 from battery junction. I wouldnt mind something a little larger, say M3 sized that has 400-500 lumens.

I need it to be rechargable, and it would be nice to have lower settings. Is it possible to stay under $200? What do you recommend?
SureFire M3 + Lumens Factory Seraph P7 Turbohead. 700+ lumens out-the-front.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like both the M1X and Barbolight T15.

The M1X has killer throw for a MC-E light, and good quality.

The T15 is expensive, but has very high quality, is very waterproof, and has about the same beam as a M2C4 (yes, it's just as bright... I have both).

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Definately spring for the M30 or the M1x, and use the rest of the money on batteries, chargers, beer..... Your decision will be influenced on whether you want a smooth, floody beam (M30), or a throw monster (M1x). Also, the M1x is only available in OD green from most vendors, so this may play some part in what you choose. For the record, the OD green that JB uses is REALLY nice, it's the only variation of green I actually like.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend a SureFire L6 (exactly the same size as an M3) with an MC-E wired 2s2p with a bored body that fits 2x18500 batteries and putting out approx 600 lumens :D

If you don't mind a little larger head, the SureFire M3T with a WA1185 running off 3x16340 IMR cells will put out over 1200 incan lumens for an 8 minute runtime:caution: Add an AW 3speed softstart tailswitch and you can have 3 levels with extended runtime

Quacker

Newly Enlightened
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the M1X is quite bigger than the M3, and that's not taking into account the HUGE head of the M1X

Corey R.

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Guys -

I ordered the M1X from BugOut. I like fact that the TK11 and M1X use the same battery type.

Making a fall trip to the cabin in Blue Ridge,GA next week and I wanted a few new toys.

Corey R.

Newly Enlightened
Check out my beamshots :thumbsup:

You can see it compared to many of my other lights including Surefires, the TK11 and Malkoffs :D

M1X came in today. It is a nicely built light. Bright as all Hell. Thanks for your link. It helped with my decision.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Wait till you try it outside, the M1X throws for days.... er.... zip codes.

I checked mine out inside the first day it came too, but when night fell, holy moly!

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff MD-3 Wildcat. I can't believe it took 14 replies before the Wildcat was mentioned! :twak: :p