Looking for an AAA/AA

nickdolin

Newly Enlightened
I know some of you all don't like these form factors but I'm looking for something for my girlfriend to keep in her purse or a keyring. So something simple (not into flashlights so simple would be best here).

Criteria
1AAA or 1AA
1-2 modes only
$0-25 bucks or so perhaps a bit more
Floody light to light up a path vs. throw.

Ones I've found so far, Tank 007, Microstream and the E01.

UpChUcK

Enlightened
I gave my wife the Inova X1, ~$20 @ Target. Also, check out the ITP A3 EOS 1xAAA and its twin the Maratac AAA. The A3 is available in HA-III black and natural and in single-mode, 3-mode and 3-mode stainless. THe Maratac is available in HA-III black and natural 3-mode only.

Burgess

Flashaholic
NiteCore EZAA

Now available in Blue and Red, as well as Black.

:thumbsup:
_

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
NiteCore EZAA

Now available in Blue and Red, as well as Black.

:thumbsup:
_
What he said. +1

I don't think you'll find a super-reliable light for under that $25 price except the Fenix AAA with the 5mm LED, I can't remember the model number. I carry one on my keychain for emergencies though...

Last edited:

fiorano

Newly Enlightened
This is certainly a much discussed topic, so the usual ****head response, "Search, heard of it?", would not be completely out of line. ;)

That being said, the obvious bang-for-buck choice is the ITP A3 EOS Upgrade (AAA). For $20 you cannot beat it. And get the Upgrade 3-mode version instead of the 1-mode.The 3-mode is a very easy to use Twisty and it starts out in Medium with plenty of light. And you have low and high just a twist or two away when you need it. Great floody beam as well. Easy for anyone age 6 and older to use.

It's so small that any gal will call it "cute" and a guy will say, "whoa, that little sucker is bright."

It's a no-brainer. Just do it.

nickdolin

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input, Tekno the E01 uses the 5mm Led. And I have searched fiorano :p but generally people have different criteria than I do, usually looking for brighter/more expensive lights while I'm looking for a mid/low priced AAA. But the ITP is most likely the best way for me to go, good output-good price-simple 1 mode.

Thanks Guys

vali

Enlightened
Even as I like akorays a lot, I think the K103 runtime is too short. Forget the tank (users reported issues in "new" batches).

The E01 is a rough and reliable flashlight, but its has not "wow" factor. I mean, even if she doesnt care about the beam's tint or shape she will problably think "its just a cheap light". One plus is you can get it in pink :naughty:.

I think the best choice for that money will be either the maratac or the ITP eos. Check the stainless steel versions. If you think she will use it on the keychain the IPT may be the best one, as the keyring hole is better than maratac's.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a friend that has the Maratac AAA Flashlight, and it's a beauty. Easy to use, and puts out a lot of light for its size...and only $21.95. I will be getting one of these myself soon.

Here is a huge thread on the light.

aaa6large.jpg

They also have one in stainless steel here that is a real beauty for $28.00.
aaastainless4large.jpg

[SIZE=+3]
[/SIZE]

Last edited:

timbo114

Enlightened
I have a friend that has the Maratac AAA Flashlight, and it's a beauty. Easy to use, and puts out a lot of light for its size...and only $21.95. I will be getting one of these myself soon.
They also have one in stainless steel here that is a real beauty for $28.00.[SIZE=+3]
[/SIZE]
Nice price for the lights ... BUT ...

Delivery methods: We ship ONLY via UPS. There are no exceptions. See below for our shipping rates.

Order Amount $0.01 - $49.99 = $8.00

Order Amount $50.00 - $150 = $10.00

Ajay

Enlightened
I know some of you all don't like these form factors but I'm looking for something for my girlfriend to keep in her purse or a keyring. So something simple (not into flashlights so simple would be best here).

Criteria
1AAA or 1AA
1-2 modes only
$0-25 bucks or so perhaps a bit more
Floody light to light up a path vs. throw.

Ones I've found so far, Tank 007, Microstream and the E01.

Shiningbeam.com you can get the ITP A3 single mode AAA light for $18.50 + $2.75 USA shipping

Here is the selfbuilt review of the light:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/240639

andrew123

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone ship the maratac's or the ITP's into Canada for reasonable shipping costs? I want to get one and Standardbattery's service to ship them to Canada is no longer available.

exchange240sx

Newly Enlightened
You can get the 1 mode ITP at www.knivesshipfree.com for $18.50 and you guessed it, free shipping. I just ordered mine and am expecting it soon. :naughty:

edit: I just got my ITP in the mail today and am loving it.

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
your budget doesnt leave much room for a lot of choices, for a 1xAA, you may wish to consider:-

Romisen RC G2 II - from shininbeam
Akoray K106 - 3 mode programmable - got mine from Kaidomain
ITP AAA from - also from shiningbeam
Akoray K103 - DX or KD (but i'd take the ITP over this anytime)