EagleTac issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newly Enlightened
So EagleTac-Store is no longer carrying EagleTac lights and is having a massive sale at 40% off. But it carries a warning:

EagleTac-Store.com said:
We regret to inform you that due to many serious problems (in design, performance, and business aspects) we have decided to discontinue carrying Eagletac products.
Are they safe to buy? I was thinking of ordering a P100A2 from the Canadian 4sevens, but the prices at the US site are tempting. But this statement gives me pause.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suspect business aspects would be in regards of the lights similarities to other brands.

BST07

Newly Enlightened
Too bad... I buy all my Eagletac products from 4sevens.

Oh well, this gave me an opportunity to pick up a light for a VERY good price... go with a bang I guess

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suspect business aspects would be in regards of the lights similarities to other brands.

Which covers both design and business aspects of the original quote that has you worried 1138.

As to performance, there was a lot of skepticism about Eagletac when they were first announced. The lights actually won a lot of people over. I don't recall hearing any abnormal levels of quality issues since. Many of the lights are driving the emitter over rated spec. While I haven't seen any mention of serious heat issues this can't help but increase the temp of the die which in the long run will lead to output degradation faster than one that runs cooler. We're still talking a long time before you'd be dimmer than lights driven more mildly. Obviously using the lower level or short periods of the high avoids a lot of that issue. By the time it's a concern we will probably be talking about the XP-G as an old LED we were excited about a couple years ago. :naughty:

dudu84

Enlightened
So EagleTac-Store is no longer carrying EagleTac lights and is having a massive sale at 40% off. But it carries a warning:

Are they safe to buy? I was thinking of ordering a P100A2 from the Canadian 4sevens, but the prices at the US site are tempting. But this statement gives me pause.

I like 4sevens' service but the statement on eagletac-store website makes it sound like a fact and I don't like it. I, though don't own any eagletac, still consider it a serious offense :eek: as eagletac seems to have top-notch efficiencies and great build quality.

I'm sure the products speak for themselves here on cpf

Last edited:

crockett

Newly Enlightened
Wow. That's a bold statement. So I'm guessing if it's all true it will take quite awhile for them to sell off their stock.....:whistle:

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think quite a few people were left with bad tastes in their mouth about Eagletac when there was that little fiasco a while ago...

I'm yet to purchase one.

To clarify a little of what I am talking about:

Issues with where the company is actually located.
Issues with certain models 'copying' other released lights.
Over-rated specs, in regards to output etc.

Last edited:

dudu84

Enlightened
I think quite a few people were left with bad tastes in their mouth about Eagletac when there was that little fiasco a while ago...

I'm yet to purchase one.

To clarify a little of what I am talking about:

Issues with where the company is actually located.
Issues with certain models 'copying' other released lights.
Over-rated specs, in regards to output etc.

Pardon my ignorance as I don't really follow all eagletac lights, but I can only think of M2 lights with serious issues such as water-proofness which was later fixed by the manufacturer.

T20C2 does seem to look like Olight but I also think the quark 123^2 looks a bit like P100C2, and it has same UI as Fenix's L/P series, which has ridiculously similar outputs and efficiencies as some Olight models and so on :thinking:

According to Selfbuit's, Mev's and other members' reviews, P100C2, P100A2, T100C2 and T20C2 seem to perform according to their specs within a reasonable tolerance.

As far as the location is concerned, I think except a small number of reputable US brands, we all know that the Cree LEDs are purchased from US, the other components are manufactured and assembled in China, or am I missing something here? :)

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
Man, I hope this thread doesn't turn into the fiasco some of the other ET threads turned into. I would like to see further discussion based on facts because I want to know what has happened. Please keep level heads with this thread to keep it from being closed.

And, BTW, I just purchased a M2XC4 for a great deal. This will be my third EagleTac and from what I have read, I'm sure I'll love it as much as the other two.

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what's going on but the statement posted on eagletac store website seems to be a **** match, doesn't exactly put 47 in good light.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have as much confidence in my P100A2 as I ever did. Kind of funny, maybe it's only certain models that are concerned with performance, but the P100A2 and it's Q5 outperformed the Quark 2AA and it's R2. Not too mention than the Quarks look like they're the little brothers to the ET P100 series.

It may be a personal thing with 4Sevens and ET though.

fareast

Enlightened
I have no issues with my neutral M2x but I was under the impression that EagleTac was an American company. Oh well, at least I know my MagLites and single NovaTac is still from the good ol' US of A although I might be wrong about Novatac seeing they do the same as EagleTac.

I am sorry to see a very reputable dealer (4sevens) put such a message on their site. I hope mine will never develop an issue.

dudu84

Enlightened
Putting their business problems aside, how wrong can you really go with a P100C2/P100A2 at ~$26 shipped? :naughty:
I grabbed a couple with the hope of swapping the LED with xp-g later on :D

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own a few ET lights and have used them alot with no problems. So I guess my question is wouldn't we see more ET issues right here on CPF if there was such a big problem that 47's would make such a negative comment about ET quality.

Personally I have seen no more defective or negative post's or threads about ET lights than I have about any other brand.

I wish if 47's would make such claims they would atleast back it up with some facts for us.

First they stopped selling the ET 18650 battery and then for some reason began selling them again. Now they claim the lights are bad. It just seems weird to me.

geek1

Newly Enlightened
Couldn't resist, just ordered a M2XC4 Neutral, $91.74, and besides that, I'm shopping in € :naughty:

Niconical

Enlightened
I had 2 Eagletacs faulty out of the box. 4sevens said they would repair rather than replace (which I found bizarre, pay for new, expect new, not fixed, and which is why I don't buy from 4sevens anymore), but one notable comment was that they were delayed in dealing with it due to "quite a number of these complaints against Eagletac".

Personally I'd say Eagletac is a lottery, but worth it if the tickets are cheap enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.