Eagletac-Store.com FIRESALE! 40% OFF ALL EAGLETAC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight_Bug

Newly Enlightened
This is just for the sake of discussing a subject which I'm sure has been discussed previously.

Let's take the T20C2 ($82.90) as example.

Suppose that this 40% discount is the margin made by Eagletac-Store. 40% of $82.90 is $33.16. So the cost from Eagletac USA is $82.90-$33.16=$49.74. Suppose Eagletac USA also makes a margin of 40% when getting them from their Chinese contract manufacturer. So 40% of $49.74 is $19.90. Therefore Eagletac USA buys the T20C2 from the Chinese maker at $49.74-$19.90=$29.84. Subtract the cost of material and the profit earned by the factory's owner, how much do you think goes to the workers?

This calculation is definitely an under-estimation. The real margins involved are surely many times more than 40%. The thing to ponder here is - how much of your precious dollars actually go to the poor labourers who made the lights. The next time you look at your flashlights, spare a thought for the poor folks who made them in China.

dudu84

Enlightened
This is just for the sake of discussing a subject which I'm sure has been discussed previously.

Let's take the T20C2 ($82.90) as example.

Suppose that this 40% discount is the margin made by Eagletac-Store. 40% of $82.90 is $33.16. So the cost from Eagletac USA is $82.90-$33.16=$49.74. Suppose Eagletac USA also makes a margin of 40% when getting them from their Chinese contract manufacturer. So 40% of $49.74 is $19.90. Therefore Eagletac USA buys the T20C2 from the Chinese maker at $49.74-$19.90=$29.84. Subtract the cost of material and the profit earned by the factory's owner, how much do you think goes to the workers?

This calculation is definitely an under-estimation. The real margins involved are surely many times more than 40%. The thing to ponder here is - how much of your precious dollars actually go to the poor labourers who made the lights. The next time you look at your flashlights, spare a thought for the poor folks who made them in China.

I'm sure the equations are a lot more complicated than that :nana:

Rod911

Enlightened
We regret to inform you that due to many serious problems (in design, performance, and business aspects) we have decided to discontinue carrying Eagletac products.
Their reason for the firesale is the above. I'm kind of worried about the design and performance aspect considering they have had some decent reviews here, and possibly the fact that I recently just purchased a T10L off them.

I'm at two minds as to whether I should buy anything off them despite the very tempting offer!

edit: I couldn't help it. Ended up purchasing a T20C2 Neutral White.

Last edited:

Databyter

Enlightened
Sales like that often are made available to solve a cash flow deficit more than to make an efficient profit. Just a thought.

Flashlight_Bug

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure the equations are a lot more complicated than that :nana:

Agreed. In reality, it's a lot more complicated. Just trying to make it simple, though, by using the 40% discount to arrive at the cost. You can bet the real margin is more than the 40% discount because the 4sevens store is probably financially sound and the sale is not due to financial difficulties.

DM51

Flashaholic
The thread title is inappropriate for this forum, as it amounts to advertising.
The political content should be addressed in the Underground, not here.
Discussion concerning dealer policy belongs in the MP.
Finally, the question of mark-ups is already being discussed here.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.