Got some light questions

solloron1

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone...i am new here and i really like this forum...been reading it a good amount lately...my question is i recently purchased a olight t20-t and already had a SF 6p led and when testing the modes of the t20 it doesnt appear to really change brightness until the lowest setting which also doesnt appear to be 7 lumens...i also noticed that my surefire seems to be brighter than the t20 on high...any insight would be great and thank you.

Last edited:

solloron1

Newly Enlightened
ok apparently the new batteries i put in were not as new as i thought...it is working fine now...i do have one other question though...how do you change the tailcap switch cover on the T20

solloron1

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone ever done this? Or do you usually just not mess with it? I just wanna see what it looks like with the glow in the dark cap on...ive done some searching but wasnt able to come up with anything...thanks!!

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
there should be 2 holes on the tailcap switch.. use something (some people use pliers, I use screwdrivers) to twist the internals counterclockwise, and it should come out.

jahxman

Enlightened
there should be 2 holes on the tailcap switch.. use something (some people use pliers, I use screwdrivers) to twist the internals counterclockwise, and it should come out.

Large pointy tweezers are helpful for this task, or needle nose pliers (usually very pointy needle nose are needed). Take off the cap and look inside, you'll see the two indents or holes in the retaining ring holding the switch in place.