Microfire tl3 anyone have it?

chef4850

Enlightened
I have been looking at this light for a couple of weeks and can not find any info on it. If anyone has it and could give me a brief overview I would appriciate it very much.

Chef

Gravitron

Newly Enlightened
I have owned the TL3 Explorer for 8 months now and love it. At the time of purchase it was the smallest brightest P7 light on the market. What impressed me then and now about this light is the amount of throw you are able to get out of a P7 led(its deep reflector helps). But, I did not buy this light for its throw... I already have lights that will do that. I bought it because of size, build quality, and overall output. It just amazes me how much light this little thing puts out. I reccomend you take a test drive and see what you think. I bought mine from a place that has a 30 day return policy.

chef4850

Enlightened
thanks for the input still interested in this light but (of course) I have a couple questions. I really like "hefty" lights so how is the weight. Do you feel there are any down falls to this light. I really want to get it just want to make sure it is worth it. Kind of a steep price for a led light with out being a custom. thanks

Chef

chef4850

Enlightened
anyone else have some input on this light? Have or had. Not sure as to the quality of microfire just never had one. thanks

chef

janx

Newly Enlightened
As far as the quality of Microfire's, I don't think you will find any better without being a custom. I have 2 Microfire L500R Challenger's and if the other lights they make are anything like these I think you would be very happy. If you want hefty, the Challenger's are a couple pounds each easy. I swear it feels like they are made of lead. I don't own a zillion lights, but I have JetBeam's, Surefire's, Olight, Thrunite, Microfire, Pentagonlight, Zebralight, Nitecore, Sunwayman, and a couple others, and as far as quality the only one close to the Microfire's is the Pentagonlight MS2-A01 weapon light. It's built like a tank too, but only around 100 lumens. I guess it's possible not all the Microfire's are made the same, but these are very nice. Take care.

J