Surefire LX2

Miracle

Enlightened
Its been a while since I last posted in this forum.

Does any kind souls know if Surefire is going to launch any new LED lights soon?

If not, then I am considering getting the Surefire LX2

I am not sure why I cannot find anything when I search for 'surefire lx2' on the forum

Can some kind souls please give me a online website that is able to sell the Surefire LX2 to Singapore?

Thanks

:)

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LX2 is an amazing light!
Check out my beamshots to compare it to others :thumbsup:

Ebay is your friend :)

Try this seller :thumbsup:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got mine a few days ago and I really like this light a lot. Get it with a F04 diffuser and you've really got a light for most situations. It's got a hot spot equivalent to a TK40 on Hi and the throw to match. Put on a diffuser and it's a nice soft light on Lo for around the house, go up to high and light up a room.

Without going to a multi-die LED it's definitely one of the nicest lights I've owned.

xpawel18x

Newly Enlightened
The LX2 just recently came out, I believe it came out in July or August. I doubt SF will release a brighter 2 cell LED light this year.

Miracle

Enlightened
what happened to the SF optima or invictus?

are both these led lights no long going to be out?

:(

Lazyboy

Newly Enlightened
According to some of the threads here, the Optimus has been shelved. I seem to be getting the same impression from my local dealer. :shrug: As for the Invictus, I think it's still in the works but no news on when it will be released. My local dealer thinks SF is still trying to work out the kinks in the design. Don't take my word for it though :popcorn:

Miracle

Enlightened
does any kind souls have the run time vs power comparison for the LX2?

does it run for 1 hour on 200 lumens?

zven

Enlightened

This thread is a good review of the LX2, with good pictures, beamshots, etc., as well as a runtime graph. Regulated runtime on two CR123 batteries is indeed in the two hour range quoted by SureFire.

As to your original question about the release of any other products from SureFire, the next one that's expected is the LX1 (the one-cell version of the LX2). Theoretically that should be out in December, but those release dates frequently change, so it could be much later. As mentioned above, the LX2 (along with A2L, V2, G2D-FYL, et al.) is a very recent release from SF, so it's unlikely that we'll see anything else in that range in the near future.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

I performed a very archaic runtime test last with some different RCR123 cells. (ie: light and a stopwatch).

Battery Station RCR123 rated 900mAh - 52 minutes
AW RCR123 rated 750mAh - 1 hour 5 minutes

These are times fresh off the charger to LVC on the cell's protection circuitry.