Hello Guys, My 1st Post and Question

Salduchi

Newly Enlightened
Two weeks ago I picked up what I beleived to be my firsts good flashlight, a Novatac 120T. In comparison to the stuff i had laying around the house "in case of emergency" The Novatac is head and shoulders better and 1/10th the size. I thought i'm kinda liking these flashlights so this week I purchased a 2nd light, a Fenix pd20. A little different but nice none the less.

So I thought for my next flashlight I would like something small and powerfull for the keychain, smaller than the aforementioned? While searching for said keychain flashlight wouldn't you know it, I run across an entire forum dedicated to illumination devices and from the looks of it their are a whole bunch of you guys.

So anyways, I was hoping you guys can point me into the direction of something small yet powerfull for keychain use.

Thanks

~Sal

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're doing pretty amazingly good so far without our help, you know?

How powerful is powerful? Arc's AAA lights, and the Fenix E01 are both great for long-running, mini-mag replacements. The Photon Freedom is tiny, but just as bright... though runtime suffers.

This seems to be the year of the AAA pocket rocket though - Maratac makes one, and Battery Junction is putting out a $50 AAA pocket rocket in grade 2 titanium in the near future. If you're comfortable with a Mag Solitaire on your keychain, that's the thing for you.

If you want the Ti without the bulk, ThruNite makes the TiKey, a tiny little thing using three button cells to drive a 5mm LED like the Fenix and Arc.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF
:welcome:
oh, and hide your wallet.

there is plenty of choices in the keychain light market, i dont have much experience with them, so i will let people with more knowledge chime in,

I do carry a Fenix L0p (old 1aaa lux1 light) on a lanyard round my neck
and a Fenix P1CE on my keyring (i think this has been discontinued, but the P1d should still be around - the P1d is virtually the same thing, with multiple modes, a very small 1x123 size light.

Salduchi

Newly Enlightened
Itp A3 Eos.. cheap, yet bright. flashlightsngear.com has em.

This one has possibilities.

You're doing pretty amazingly good so far without our help, you know?

How powerful is powerful? Arc's AAA lights, and the Fenix E01 are both great for long-running, mini-mag replacements. The Photon Freedom is tiny, but just as bright... though runtime suffers.

This seems to be the year of the AAA pocket rocket though - Maratac makes one, and Battery Junction is putting out a $50 AAA pocket rocket in grade 2 titanium in the near future. If you're comfortable with a Mag Solitaire on your keychain, that's the thing for you.

If you want the Ti without the bulk, ThruNite makes the TiKey, a tiny little thing using three button cells to drive a 5mm LED like the Fenix and Arc.

Arc is cool. Fenix is good. Phantom looks like a toy. I'll look into Maratac. Thrunight is nice. Hmm...

Welcome to CPF
oh, and hide your wallet.

there is plenty of choices in the keychain light market, i dont have much experience with them, so i will let people with more knowledge chime in,

I do carry a Fenix L0p (old 1aaa lux1 light) on a lanyard round my neck
and a Fenix P1CE on my keyring (i think this has been discontinued, but the P1d should still be around - the P1d is virtually the same thing, with multiple modes, a very small 1x123 size light.

Yep, i'll delve deeper into Fenix. Thanks for the welcome

I just posted a reply to another user about the same thing see here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3105971&postcount=14

Also see the Titanium light that Chrontius mentioned here:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=200862

ITP A3 is good and on the short list. I'll look again at the Chrotius

Thanks!

ITP A3 EOS seems good but i wanted to drop it to 2" or less in lenght. I saw that Drago but man 300 clams for a keychain light. But then again I am an excessive person. :)

ColoradoClimber

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Fenix L0D q4 from REI Outlet. Good price plus REI provides their own guarantees on products so if anything happens I can take it to store and get something else with the value.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Right now I kind of think the best keychain AAA is the LF2XT. For your money the best may be the Maratac AAA. This may change when the Quark AAA arrives, which will probably be priced somewhere between these two.

Geoff

Salduchi

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Fenix L0D q4 from REI Outlet. Good price plus REI provides their own guarantees on products so if anything happens I can take it to store and get something else with the value.

The Fenix looks nice and well priced too.

Right now I kind of think the best keychain AAA is the LF2XT. For your money the best may be the Maratac AAA. This may change when the Quark AAA arrives, which will probably be priced somewhere between these two.

Geoff

LF2XT was a little long for my taste. Maratac is another good one and can't argue with the price. The Quark will be over 3" and is getting a bit large for my very sparsly populated key chain

I was checking out the Drake, now thats a pretty serious light as is the price.

Last edited:

corvettesR1

Enlightened
Hello Salduchi. Im pretty new around here myself to still and wanted to welcome you. Youll have fun checking out all the cool lights everyone has.
>

Im just getting my first AAA light now . Its on the way now . I went with a Maratac AAA. I have the larger Maratac 9290AA light and Im thrilled with that.Love the way it ramps up so easily and remembers the last setting .

Maratac has earned my loyalty.Good luck with your new AAA.be sure to post back once it arrives .

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

Geoff

I don't think the AAAs have a released name yet.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

as was said earlier, you're doing well on your own so far, for a keychain light, i have a couple, but the one that is constantly on my keychain (for a variety of reasons) is my Fenix LD01 in aluminum. It small, incredibly light, waterproof, durable (flung straight up as hard as i could and landed on concrete to prove this to a colleague) and has 3 modes. Twisty switch so less to go wrong, IMHO. If i was in a situation where i think i might need longer runtimes then i'd switch to my Fenix E01 but remember the keychain light is (for me at least) a back up light and not the primary light that i would go for (currently that's my Nitecore GDP EX10).

I've heard and read great things about a lot of other lights especially the liteflux but i dont own that as yet so cannot comment on it.